Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting pics for Dobebug, this is her boy, Toad. She wanted me to post a couple of pics at different ages, so people could see the maturation process that occurs.

First at around 10 months, at the 2006 DPCA National:

Next, taken just a couple of weeks ago when he got his first major at Nisqually KC, he's 20 months old in the pic:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Great pictures!! I saw him at Nisgually and he was elegant. Darn, I glad someone else has trouble posting pictures!!!

Again, congrats to Dobebug and Toad.

Robin and Rex

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
What a beauty! Thanks for posting this Cheryl. Tracy and Drago

Reactions: dobebug

·
Premium Member
10,579 Posts
Thanks Cheryl for posting the pictures for me (Cheryl knows I'm a moron about posting pictures and that if I had to do it myself it'd never get done)

The Toads breeder and I both think he's a real beauty. He's a very smooth looking dog (the breeder always says he looks "smooth as silk"--I'll have to tell her about the looking perfect, like a porcelain statue--she'll like that.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks for sharing photos of Toad. He looks great and I have always secretly wanted a fawn ;) I looking forward to hearing more about his success in the ring.

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
He is looking great! Nice and square, good angulation, beautiful expression............ I've heard he is wonderful to live with. What more could anyone want?! :)

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
BEAUTIFUL!!!!

How much did gain and grow from 10 months to 20 months. Petey is turning 10 months tomorrow, and I'm wondering how much more he will grow.

Carol

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
Beautiful! is he a fawn? or a red? I can't quite tell from the lighting What beautiful Musculacure(sp) he has!!!!
Toad is a very nice example of a fawn with an excellent (so far and hopefully always) coat.

His sire is a beautiful dog that I've had the pleasure of holding ringside once. Ever since meeting him, I've watched what he produces and I really like his get so far.

Reactions: dobebug and LapDog

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
The Toads breeder and I both think he's a real beauty. He's a very smooth looking dog (the breeder always says he looks "smooth as silk"--I'll have to tell her about the looking perfect, like a porcelain statue--she'll like that.

My thoughts exactly. He looks WONDERFUL!!!

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One of the interesting things about these pics for the newbies is it's an opportunity to see what we're talking about when we mention chests dropping.

In the 10 month picture, his forechest is carried quite high, and his brisket touches the top of the elbow. Compare that to the 20 month pic-when the forechest sits lower, and his brisket also reaches further down, a bit below the elbow.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
He is so handsome!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Beautiful boy and what a fantastic coat on a fawn!!! Thanks for the pics.

·
Premium Member
10,579 Posts
Thanks for sharing photos of Toad. He looks great and I have always secretly wanted a fawn ;) I looking forward to hearing more about his success in the ring.
Hey Tori,

I saw my first fawn in something like 1964 or 1965 and thought the color was striking. Years later when Michelle Santana was showing a fawn bitch who was a litter sister to her Jazz (Am Can Ch Foxfire's Take That)--she finished her and I was traveling a fair amount with Michelle at the time so I kept asking her questions about the other fawns in the litter (two fawn males) what were they like--"Pets!!!" she said, claiming that they looked nothing like either of the bitches who finished or the black bitch who was shown but didn't quite finish (although she was a Canadian and Brazilian champion). I clearly remember saying to her (I must have been drinking at dinner) that if she ever turned up with a really nice fawn male when I had a vacancy (I'm in a three dog only area) I'd be interested.

So Tori--you see what happened--I think Michelle planned somehow that she was going to have the Toad just about the time that I had a vacancy. Be very careful what you wish for.

I still think fawns are striking and I'm particularly enamored of this fawn--he's a sweetheart of a dog as well as being a looker.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts