Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First: I'm not looking for a dog right now, just browsing breeders in my state

Found these three "breeders" and wanted to get the word out on them with opionions on this thread should they ever be searched.

Doberman Pinscher Puppies for Sale, Doberman Breeders (kimbertal blood >p)

Doberman Breeder Located in WI, IL, IA, MI, Wisconsin, White Doberman, Red Doberman, Black Doberman, Blue Doberman, Fawn Doberman (breeds whites!)

Sampsonhaus Dobermans - Family Companions of Distinction (not much info, but the dogs arent that pretty or doberman looking from what little I see)

I also found one that seems decent but I dont know much about but looks like a pretty good euro breeder

HOME

Thanks for the input on them all and I hope it helps someone in the future looking for some insight on any of them

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That second link has some real winners. She actually displays awards for virtual dog shows lol... and she has one albino male listed as a champion???
Lmbo i know! Like a cirtual show can prove anything!!

Yup, she plays the whole "they dont need to be discriminated against theyre beautiful" bs line to justify breeding whites....so sad

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These breeders have been discussed on DT, many, many times :)
I was looking at one discussing family dobes and thunder valley, am I correct in saying that it was discovered they share/sell each other dogs or something along those lines, that links them to each other?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would not a buy a dog from any of the breeders listed above. I would be happy to make some recommendations for you if you detailed a bit more of what you are looking for in your next dog.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I also found one that seems decent but I dont know much about but looks like a pretty good euro breeder

HOME

As I understand it, Thunder Valley got some of their initial stock via Ashley Wohlrabe, which is my main issue with Thunder Valley.

I spoke to Ashley when I was looking for my last dog, it didn't take long for me to run the opposite way of anything with her name on it. Here's a pic showing the deplorable conditions Ashley was keeping dogs in:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
As I understand it, Thunder Valley got some of their initial stock via Ashley Wohlrabe, which is my main issue with Thunder Valley.

I spoke to Ashley when I was looking for my last dog, it didn't take long for me to run the opposite way of anything with her name on it. Here's a pic showing the deplorable conditions Ashley was keeping dogs in:

O.M.G that makes me want to punch someone.

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
This is true but as I know it they split ways and Thunder Valley owner actually took the pics and sent them to the authorities to have the dogs removed from the property.

I don't know of either breeder this is just from reading.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
This is true but as I know it they split ways and Thunder Valley owner actually took the pics and sent them to the authorities to have the dogs removed from the property.

I don't know of either breeder this is just from reading.
Smart folks. First thing I though (after the desire to beat the sh** outta who ever did that had passed) was um, someone needs to send these pics to AC and shut this down. Glad someone took the initiative.

·
Registered
381 Posts
That's news to me, but good to know. Props to Thunder Valley on that one! I know it was a long hard fought fight to get those dogs removed even though Ashley had not paid for most of the dogs.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Smart folks. First thing I though (after the desire to beat the sh** outta who ever did that had passed) was um, someone needs to send these pics to AC and shut this down. Glad someone took the initiative.
There is no animal control in Freemont Wi, it had to be done through the sheriff's.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I trully hope thunder valley did change and is getting from reputable places now, there aren't many good breeders around my state it seems,
I have to say looks are deceiving but the rest of their site and health testing looked good, stop me if I'm wrong, i'm aware of the necessity of them but am used to the collie world and different tests being looked at vs. dobes.
Pedigrees are the only other thing i'm a newb at, at least in dobers again if it was collies it'd different lol, I know i didnt like seeing fedor del nasi in the one male but its part personal preference, part health and longevity that isn't as great as I prefer from what I've heard about other dogs.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
also just so I dont further "waste anyones time" I want to make it clear again, I am not currently looking into getting another dog, mabel is a handful and needs all my attention right now as well as it not being the right time in general.

I started this thread because

a) i did want info on thunder valley for in the future (thank you for what I have found out already!)

b) I wanted to condense the 3 most noteable bad breeders in my state for both your ease(hopfully) on not having to comment multiple threads to newbies/inqirers,

c)as well as make it easy for the newbies/inquirers to search and find out about them.

If you dont want to answer you dont have to it is no life or death save me from supporting a byb, irreputable breeder situation.

Again thank you to those that have taken the time and replied already and for any further info on the breeders especially thunder valley.

Reactions: HerMewMew

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I hope you are kidding???? There are many breeders around better than any of the three you mention. I would keep on looking....

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hope you are kidding???? There are many breeders around better than any of the three you mention. I would keep on looking....
I am definately aware they are bad, the first three that is, and am looking for more info on thundervalley, currently I find her questionable.

I put breeders in quotes in the name because I find most if not possibly all, baring further review on tv, to be far from it....

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
They are just another puppy farmer. what have they titled themselves on any of their dogs. They breed all of their females to the same "herd sire". Looks like a livestock mentality to me. I would keep looking, but I guess a lot depends on what you are looking for. Do you your homework and make up your own mind.

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
What I don't like about Thunder valley, is that she appears to be another dishonest "breeder" using the Euro gimmick. If you look just at Imron for example, she advertises him as a champion when in reality, he only titled to a junior champion, which is not the same thing. Also, it says he got his ZTP with the highest scores, but there is no scoring in the ZTP, only ratings. His conformation rating is left off, typically meaning he was an SG, not the highest rating. If my dog got a "V", I'd be including it and you know these people would for sure! LoL!
She advertises her dogs as excellent sport dogs and yet she does not appear to have titled any, nor does she work them, as it says on her site, she doesn't have the time. The only titled dogs she has are the one(s) she bought with titles. I actually think there is only Imron but didn't look at every dog.
And yeah, Imron and Sony at least came from FD originally.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They are just another puppy farmer. what have they titled themselves on any of their dogs. They breed all of their females to the same "herd sire". Looks like a livestock mentality to me. I would keep looking, but I guess a lot depends on what you are looking for. Do you your homework and make up your own mind.
That's defiinately the plan, with a lot of help from dt too! A big hope and plan of mine is to get a swift run or masaya dog in the future, I love both of them, but would just love someone closer if I can find a quality one, hence the tv question but they are deff. out now!

And good point on the titling, I knew something seemed amiss and that's exactly it, they haven't really done the actual work all the good breeders usually do to title and test the dogs themselves

:thanx:

Reactions: HerMewMew
1 - 20 of 75 Posts