Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a puppy after much research, interviewing breeders, interviewing references, and being interviewed by breeders. As part of my research I have found your suggestions and advice on the forums and by PM invaluable. I wanted to say thank you for your input!!

Here is the boy that I will be getting. He has the orange collar and is about 5 weeks old in this picture:

DSC_0168.JPG

DSC_0149.JPG

These are the parents:
"Dede" (Dam of the puppies)
Hindi dei Dohse - working-dog.eu
"Nemo" (Sire of the puppies)
Dark Nemo vom Koby Haus - working-dog.eu

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
congrats on finding your pup. I hope you were given more information on the parents then was shown on those links. As I don't have European lines I had never seen that site before.
When do you get him? What are you planning on doing with him? so exciting to get a new puppy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I got more information than that. They gave me a pedigree with how long they live or if they are still alive. I also received health testing information for the parents and the breed told me what the parents and other dogs have one in terms of training and titles.

I get him right after Christmas... late xmas present.

I am planning on working with him in protection sports in addition to him being part of our family.

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
Congratulations! He looks gorgeous! The rear of his pedigree looks really solid! (the front pedigree lines aren't available over here so I haven't taken notice of them)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Again congrats to you, hope you will be happy.

Reactions: Paladin

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
Congrats!! This breeder also bred my girl Bella. She is extremely reputable and does all the testing possible. She works her dogs and is very active as a leader in Working Dobermans of the Carolinas. She raises a litter with all the training and care you could possibly ask for - totally devoted to the working Doberman. So glad you are going to give your puppy a job or two!! Keep the photos coming.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow suprised you went with a breeder that doesn't title any of her dogs. If looking for a good working prospect going with a breeder that trains and titles their dogs is very inportant. Also suprised they could pick which pup this early.

·
Registered
44 Posts
seriously?

Oh Wendy, it's so hard to be as perfect a breeder and competitor as you.

This is a very nice breeding and I know that anyone who is interested in working their dogs would be thrilled to have any of these pups. The pedigree is full of excellent working stock with great longevity.

This pup is absolutely full of himself and confident and extremely drivey. Yes, it's possible to tell at 5.5 weeks that he has great working potential.

Paladin - Congrats on your new pup, you are going to have a blast!

·
_______
5,102 Posts
Congratulations and all the best to you and new puppy.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Wow suprised you went with a breeder that doesn't title any of her dogs. If looking for a good working prospect going with a breeder that trains and titles their dogs is very inportant. Also suprised they could pick which pup this early.
Hey Wendy, I'm curious as to why you use this pen name instead of Landgraf. I guess there’s a certain freedom to posting anonymously, huh? I get that you don’t really like Lindsay of Dei Dohse for personal reasons and maybe you don’t like her dogs but I think it’s unfair of you to criticize her breeding choices. Yes, you could get after her for not getting her dogs titled but then you could be gotten after for having 3 litters between the end of March and the beginning of July -- that’s 26 puppies in little more than 3 months. One of those breedings was Eika. She was a dog that was returned to you which you then tried to re-sale. You had her for some time and then decided that though you didn’t like her enough to keep her and trial her you liked her enough to breed her before finding her a new home. And further your choice of stud was a 25 month old untitled male who himself is out of an untitled male.

Glass houses and all.

One of the great services this forum can provide to people is helping them vet out breeders, I get that. There is a lot of try-this-breeder, don’t-try-that-breeder on DT but there’s something kind of slimy about it when one breeder does it to another breeder. I don’t know, it smacks of competitiveness. Especially when you’re doing it from behind an anonymous username. And besides, what’s the point? You don’t have anything to sell Paladin and he’s already made his choice. It’s not as if Dei Dohse is some dangerous BYB and you’d be doing him a favor talking him out of it.

Paladin, congratulations on your new puppy. Your puppy is a well known mix of German lines featuring Aurachgrund and Mooreiche. I'm sure you two will have a great time in whatever dogsport you choose!

·
_______
5,102 Posts
*Facepalms* learn something new everyday...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whoa this thread took an educational spin.

Anyway Paladin, he's a really cute puppy. I'm happy that you found what you were looking for since I know you did alot of research. Make sure you put up lots of pictures and videos!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whoa this thread took an educational spin.

Anyway Paladin, he's a really cute puppy. I'm happy that you found what you were looking for since I know you did alot of research. Make sure you put up lots of pictures and videos!
Thanks! I will be sure to post pictures and videos. I am now working on picking a name for him that starts with a "K".

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.