Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,736 Posts
Interesting pedigree--the top end of the pedigree is pretty impeccable--(the part that is all Lyndobe) but the bottom is kind of sketchy--three generations back you find known breeders --and that may be OK--but there isn't a way to tell except to let your little bitch grow up and see how she turns out.

So good luck and keep sending pictures of her as she grows.

dobebug

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting pedigree--the top end of the pedigree is pretty impeccable--(the part that is all Lyndobe) but the bottom is kind of sketchy--three generations back you find known breeders --and that may be OK--but there isn't a way to tell except to let your little bitch grow up and see how she turns out.

dobebug
Yep pretty impeccable…. means a lot coming from the greats here. I’ll take all the criticism and facts because you know more about it than me but I’m definitely after perfection and a person that study’s and listens. I have a great mentor and willing to take suggestings good and bad with and open mind and humble heart. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Ooooo, a Lyndobe sire, just like my boy! At least that half works. 😁

@Capgang thank you for sharing this! Your enthusiasm and humility will get you far, that´s for sure. I will enjoy your updates as your girl grows. Don’t forget about your boy, though. He may not be a confirmation dog, but he may love obedience, nose work or something else.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

@Capgang thank you for sharing this! Your enthusiasm and humility will get you far, that´s for sure. I will enjoy your updates as your girl grows. Don’t forget about your boy, though. He may not be a confirmation dog, but he may love obedience, nose work or something else.
Thanks sir and if you don’t mind I hit the follow button in order to get to know you better

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
We’d like that…but sir is madam, if you please. 😁 You can also follow my boy on his blog BeauOnTheGoDC.com or instagram @BeauOnTheGo_DC.

*Moderators - if shameless promotion of my dog is not allowed, please let me know and I will remove the links.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

dobebug
What I find interesting is that the puppy is thus effectively 75% Lyndobe. The Sire is of Course Ch Lyndobe's Chosen One CD BN RA CGC TKA ATT and the dam is herself sired by GCHS Lyndobe's Turn on Da Charm CD. The dam's dam has several titles showing that whoever owned and bred her gave a d*mn. But both of that female's parents were untitled even if one is sired by a Briarwood dog and the other a GCHB Sevenly dog. The female sired by the Briarwood dog is herself out of another female sired by a Briarwood dog (ch) and out of an imported De Black Shadow female.

I've never heard of Savida but clearly they had access to titled Briarwood dogs. I don't know what to think of it, it's fundamentally a nice pedigree top and bottom with a few head-scratching elements. Not that I think titling is the be all end all... that being said my number one question would be pertaining to health testing.

Overall no reason this little girl can't have a chance of turning out decent. Well, based on pedigree anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

[/QUOTE
What I find interesting is that the puppy is thus effectively 75% Lyndobe. The Sire is of Course Ch Lyndobe's Chosen One CD BN RA CGC TKA ATT and the dam is herself sired by GCHS Lyndobe's Turn on Da Charm CD. The dam's dam has several titles showing that whoever owned and bred her gave a d*mn. But both of that female's parents were untitled even if one is sired by a Briarwood dog and the other a GCHB Sevenly dog. The female sired by the Briarwood dog is herself out of another female sired by a Briarwood dog (ch) and out of an imported De Black Shadow female.

I've never heard of Savida but clearly they had access to titled Briarwood dogs. I don't know what to think of it, it's fundamentally a nice pedigree top and bottom with a few head-scratching elements. Not that I think titling is the be all end all... that being said my number one question would be pertaining to health testing.

Overall no reason this little girl can't have a chance of turning out decent. Well, based on pedigree anyway.
yes but I’m sure you have the same access as I do to dobequest and both parents have been health tested and I thank you for your in depth Analysis and I have sent you a follow and I have researched you and I see you’re in central Florida. Maybe you’ll keep in touch and give advice

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
yes but I’m sure you have the same access as I do to dobequest and both parents have been health tested and I thank you for your in depth Analysis and I have sent you a follow and I have researched you and I see you’re in central Florida. Maybe you’ll keep in touch and give advice
I think you have me confused with someone else. I live in Canada, a long long way from Florida LOL! I've never even been to FL.
Yes I saw the dam is on OFA as well per the info you provided.
Best wishes with your new puppy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you have me confused with someone else. I live in Canada, a long long way from Florida LOL! I've never even been to FL.
Yes I saw the dam is on OFA as well per the info you provided.
Best wishes with your new puppy!
I’m sorry got you confused. I do make mistakes. Thanks for all the history from your point of view.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I’m sorry got you confused. I do make mistakes. Thanks for all the history from your point of view.
No worries! There are a lot of fantastic breeders in Florida, and even one of my mentors moved there recently.
I have one of my puppies placed in North Carolina so I know how that can work.
I saw in another thread that you'd like to get showing with her : my best advice would be to join a local club and take conformation handling classes to learn the ins and the outs of show handling as well as teach your puppy the behaviours she will need to know in the ring.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No worries! There are a lot of fantastic breeders in Florida, and even one of my mentors moved there recently.
I have one of my puppies placed in North Carolina so I know how that can work.
I saw in another thread that you'd like to get showing with her : my best advice would be to join a local club and take conformation handling classes to learn the ins and the outs of show handling as well as teach your puppy the behaviours she will need to know in the ring.
I’m definitely on the same page about that and have already spoken with Sharon Duval so that part is being taken good care of and thank you for all the knowledge

1 - 12 of 12 Posts