Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In looking around, there are several members here that may not know me from other forums. So Ok here is some info.

I'm Mary Jo from SE Pennsylvania - we were transplanted here 9 years ago from St. Petersburg Florida on a company transfer. I've had Dobermans for 13 years, but did not get involved in showing them till a little over 3 years ago. I also do a little volunteer work for my local Doberman rescue DVDPA.

I'm married with 2 elementary aged kids. Truthfully, all this info is on my website - boring stuff! The website is just a little project - I am pretty computer illiterate.

I retired my first show bitch last year and spayed her. We are training in open obedience and just recently got our CD title. She is also a therapy dog with more drive than most - LOL!

I am now on my second show bitch - Louise just turned a year old last month. I am hoping that everything will fall in place with her so that she can be my foundation bitch. We have a long ways to go and many hoops to jump through first..... this is why I get totally teed off at people who breed just any old bitch they can get their hands on. Take a look at the one I spayed!

I'm pretty easy going for the most part. My dog life is my fun time. Being a Mom, wife, part time school district employee, housekeeper, laundry washer, cheering section, and volunteer, take up a lot of my time.

Reactions: tranquility

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Welcome, beautiful looking dobes and great to see someone who is doing all the right things before planning to breed. Way to go Velmadobe!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Congrats for going about it all the right way:dancing_b I bet your dogs are beautifull but my comp won't pull up your site at the moment. I would love to show but I don't have the guts to get up and do it nor the money to pay someone else to right now! I live vicariously(sp) through everyone on the site that does though:tongue23:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Beautiful dogs, and some of the pictures are very touching, you are doing wonderful work.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Welcome MaryJo, your dogs are just beautiful! Thank you for (briefly) outlining all the work that you've put forth so far toward your plans to potentially breed in the future. It's refreshing to see people come here that have all their ducks in a row rather than just being all willy nilly about the process of creating more of our beloved breed.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Welcome MaryJo. I'm glad you decided to join our forum.....Louise is absolutely beautiful....

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Mary Jo:
glad you could join us. you will get lots of support from this group on your breeding plans. Your dobergirls are beautiful. I'm Carrie down in DC. Let me know when you are breeding. We are looking to get a pup at some point in the future. just want to make sure it is from VERY sound stock.

I am owned by a beautiful rescue doberboy named apollo who is a 5 year old dream.

glad you are here.

cc

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hello and welcome Mary Jo:) Lovely dogs, look forward to hearing more about them.

I have Lexus, two year old female.

·
Premium Member
8,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Codysmom said:
Mary Jo:
glad you could join us. you will get lots of support from this group on your breeding plans. Your dobergirls are beautiful. I'm Carrie down in DC. Let me know when you are breeding. We are looking to get a pup at some point in the future. just want to make sure it is from VERY sound stock.

I am owned by a beautiful rescue doberboy named apollo who is a 5 year old dream.

glad you are here.

cc
I probably won't be producing a litter for at least 2 more years..... much depends on how long it takes to finish her championship, how all the health tests go..... then there are no guarantees in life that it will work out at all. I try not to think about it too much. I do tend to scope out every nice looking boy I see at the shows...... hmmmmmm..... what about him?? Hard not to. Right now her boyfriend is a Weim at obedience class that thinks Dobe Bitches walk on water. Little does she know that weim babies are not in her future - LOL!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
i think bowie wants to be louise's boyfriend. muzzy wants NOTHING to do with him, and well... it just wasnt working with max.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
doberkim said:
i think bowie wants to be louise's boyfriend. muzzy wants NOTHING to do with him, and well... it just wasnt working with max.
LOL KIm! If Max is the dog I'm thinking he is, it was working out for Max!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi Mary Jo and welcome to the forum from me Tony and my three girls Amber,Chelsie and our little show girl Tia here in Birmingham,U.K.
We are planning the same kind of thing as you as soon as Tia is tested.
I am also checking dogs out as suitors for my girl but i have it down to a shortlist of 2, Tia is from a long line of I.D.C. champions and is just off her first appearance at Crufts.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Mary Jo
I am sure apollo would love to be introduced to your ladies, but beautiful as I think he is (I am definitely admitedly predjudiced) he had his bits snipped, so any friendship would have to be strictly platonic. :)

cc

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
nah coals mom --- you must be thinking of duke, bowie's minpin boyfriend :)

i dont know if this board is SAFE to post the pics on! i may need people to sign permission slips!

·
Premium Member
8,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
doberkim said:
I'm betting that even Bowie would think that Louise is a pest! All of us who know Muzzy know that she deserves the adulation of all who meet her - no one would ever be good enough to do more than kiss her paws! Muzzy thinks Louise is a pest also - Velma was "cool" enough to be tolerated. Bowie needs a hip chick that understands his big boy "cool dudeness".

Louise is a teeny bopper that is totally self centered - it is all about her as far as she is concerned!! Mature relationships are not her specialty yet.

And yes Kim, I think that Bowie's "boyfriend" pictures are a special treat - LOL LOL LOL!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts