Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You were the best dog ever. I will forever miss how you would look into my eyes with your head tilted. You were by my side for the happy and sad times. I miss our walks together. Your protected Cody, Spike, Kitty, Jake, Sophia and me. Not a day goes by that we don't think of you. It was the hardest thing to come home that night without you. Knowing you are in a good place where you can breathe with ease, eat everything you want and run as far as you can go is comforting. Play long, play hard. We will all be together one day. See you at the bridge- Boo boo.
Love u big guy-your people

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Big Hugs,
I know it's not easy. I was just there.
Hang in there.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. RIP Max.

Reactions: jmpick

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
RIP Max. Max is in no pain and is not alone. He is running like a puppy again, wild and free forever. And some day he will be waiting at the bridge.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Reactions: jmpick

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone........I didn't expect this. I did it because he was on my mind and wanted to make a spot for him. Max has been gone for two years, but it seems like yesterday. He was my protector and my clown. Just a great dog.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss and am experiencing it at the same time. By beautiful, sweet dobergirl Sadie was diagnosed with Wobblers just 3 weeks ago, but congestive heart failure took her before she started showing any signs. I loved that animal for 8 years, and she loved us back. Luckily, she started declining very rapidly, and I had to make the decision for her that none of us wants to make. It really wasn't a choice; she was nearing the end by morning. Her labored breathing and white gums told the story. I just couldn't let the pain and possible fear continue for her. Today, I woke up for the first time in almost a decade, not being "Sadie's person" and it was horrible. A friend recommended the book "Going Home: Finding Peace When Pets Die". I bought it and read it in 2 hours. Please, please find a copy of this book. Dobes leave a special kind of mark, and this book recognizes that, and helps SOOOO much in healing. I know that I did all I could, loved her all I could, and advocated for her when she needed me to. I know I will miss her, and that it wasn't really my choice. Much like I know you did all you could, and it really wasn't your choice either. They choose us and they choose when they need to leave and make room for us to grow. You're not alone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts