Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried the 4Health Dog Food from TSC? Some of the reviews I have read seemed pretty positive. Ruger has been on Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy food since I got him. He seems to do well with it and is growing fast 62 pounds at 5 months. BMs are 3-4X day and fairly firm.
I recently read a review that stated Eukanuba is a high priced lower quality food. I just want whats best for my boy and do not want to change food without good reason.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
4Health is a good food for it's price and if I had to change foods due to budget it would be in my list of possibilities.

However it, along with many other foods, are involved in a huge recall right now so make sure you look that up before buying anything.

·
Registered
551 Posts
If you visit dogfoodadvisor.com they go into detail about all the ingredients in dog foods and give them a rating based on 5 stars. I personally would choose 4Health over Eukanuba, based on the ingredient list.

As PR already stated, some bags are affected by the recent recall.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
If you visit dogfoodadvisor.com they go into detail about all the ingredients in dog foods and give them a rating based on 5 stars. I personally would choose 4Health over Eukanuba, based on the ingredient list.

^^^^ great link Sam Erin

4Health Dog Food | Review and Rating 4Health dry dog food receives the Advisor’s above-average rating of 4 stars.
The 4Health product line lists 7 dry dog foods, 6 claimed to meet AAFCO nutrient profiles for adult maintenance and one for all life stages (Puppy).

Ingredients: Chicken, chicken meal, cracked pearled barley, millet, brewers rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), beet pulp, natural chicken flavor, flaxseed, fish meal, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, glucosamine hydrochloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, Yucca schidigera extract, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, chondroitin sulfate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Eukanuba Dry Dog Food | Review and Rating Eukanuba Dry Dog Food receives the Advisor’s mid-tier rating of 3 stars.

Ingredients: Chicken, chicken by-product meal, corn meal, ground whole grain sorghum, brewers rice, dried beet pulp, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), chicken flavor, ground whole grain barley, dried egg product, fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), potassium chloride, salt, flax meal, sodium hexametaphosphate, Fructooligosaccharides, minerals (ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, potassium iodide, cobalt carbonate), dl-methionine, choline chloride, vitamins (ascorbic acid, vitamin A acetate, calcium pantothenate, biotin, thiamine mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), vitamin B12 supplement, niacin, riboflavin supplement (source of vitamin B2), pyridoxine hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), inositol, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid), calcium carbonate, vitamin e supplement, brewers dried yeast, beta-carotene, rosemary extract

Red items when present indicate controversial ingredients.

*************************************************************************************************

I personally only feed 4 or 5 star dry dog food & if your using Eukanuba now...I would switch asap to 4Health kibble or other.

This is what I have used, on our girl...she is 11.5 y/o now:
- Holistic Blend dry dog food receives the Advisor’s second-highest rating of 4 stars
- Castor and Pollux Organix dry dog food gets the Advisor’s highest rating of 5 stars
- Canidae Dry Dog Food receives the Advisor’s second-highest rating of 4 stars
- Go! Dog Food dry formula gets the Advisor’s above-average rating of 4 stars
Plus, I always put a puppy on All Life Stages (ALS) kibble, not the puppy version.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your help, there are so many choices out there. I guess you can not always base quality on the cost of the item. I did buy a small bag of the 4health puppy to see if he liked it. I mixed it with his regular food (1 scoop to 3 of regular) and he loves it, I actually had to take the bowl away to slow him down. I will see what the availability is of the other foods are in my area before settling on one.
I respect and appreciate the opinion of everyone on here. Again thank you for your help

·
JagersDaddy
13 Posts
All about the BLUE

Good advice^^ !! That website is awesome, but here, I'll save you a ton of time and research. BLUE. It's all about the BLUE. No other dog food even comes close to the extraordinary healthiness of Blue. The only on I've seen that could possibly be comparable is Orijin (or however it is spelled).

If you go to Blue's website, and take the "True Blue Test" it will tell you exactly how ANY dog (or cat) food compares.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I fed the 4health for a little while and was feeding the wet food to my Shar Pei rescue to get more calories into him. The wet food always looked kinda gross, like fat separated or something. That turned me off from that food. That was just the wet but I changed off the dry too. That's just my experience. I hate that there are so many foods affected by the recall...

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Thank you for your help, there are so many choices out there. I guess you can not always base quality on the cost of the item. I did buy a small bag of the 4health puppy to see if he liked it. I mixed it with his regular food (1 scoop to 3 of regular) and he loves it, I actually had to take the bowl away to slow him down. I will see what the availability is of the other foods are in my area before settling on one.
I respect and appreciate the opinion of everyone on here. Again thank you for your help
You got to always read the ingredient label, I don't care how fancy the art work photo's are, on the outside of the bag...or how good it sounds on the TV ads.
- I will not feed my dobe, anything less then a 4 star kibble brand
- first 10 ingredients can't have a problem either, and make logical sense Dog Nutrition - Do You Know What's In Your Dog's Food? - YouTube!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts