Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,590 Posts
Hi there, I also feed raw to Lexus, but have been experimenting with my other two dogs, right now the last food I bought was Merricks dry and I really liked it. I tend to switch it up with nearly every bag I buy for a change in nutrition, and also use Chicken Soup, Canidae, and Nutro Natural Choice with happy results with all. Occasionally if raw food prices are through the roof or if I work late and have the kids or hubby feed for me, Lexus will partake in a kibble dinner too.

I have been giving Lexus some Merricks canned periodically too, and I really like that as well. Excellant ingredients, looks good enough for me to eat, like a chicken pot pie soup or something ;)

· Registered
6,590 Posts
I get it at Pet Supplies Plus, Pet smart would probably have it too. You maybe able to do an online search on their site to see who carries it near you.

I am really happy with it, it has little freeze dried veggies in it, the first time I opened it, hubby laughed and said it looked like Lucky Charms :) It was the Wilderness Blend formula with Buffalo, venison and salmon.

There was a deal the last time I bought it that you get three cans free with purchase, and I really like the canned as well.

· Registered
6,590 Posts
frznbuns said:
I am feeding Chicken Soup and Raw.. they get chicken soup in the morning and for lunch and Raw for supper..Chicken soup cost me $28 per 35lb bag..I really do not see that it is much higher than the other dog foods, I have in the pass used Nutro and really liked it.. I do find with Chicken soup that they are not eating as much to stay full..
I just had to laugh :)

I know what you are saying, with the premium kibbles, you don't have to feed as much to them for them to get their nutrition. But my porkies could still eat a truckload and not be "full"!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.