Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lexi is a year old now and I've been feeding her Blue since I brought her home. When should I switch to an adult food? Also, my girlfriend read recently about Blue not being good for them. Any opinions on a good food to get her on?

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
You can switch her now. If you are in the market for a grainfree, I like Natures Variety Instinct for its high meat content. 70% identified meat protein AFTER processing. Most kibbles advertize meat content as **%, but it is before processing and the percentage drops after removal of water from some of the meat or meats. The meat meals already have water removed. I also like Acana and Orijen is the best kibble out there, imo. I feed all three of these foods. If you want regular kibble with grain, the last I fed and really liked was Innova Red Meat. I have several sites below in my signature that analyse and rate dog foods. You might want to look into them. Oh, forgot, Natures Variety has the NV Prairie line that contains grain and pretty sure Acana does also.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I feed Nature's Variety Instinct and I LOVE it. However, it's pricey. Personally, I think that Blue is a pretty decent food for the price and it's easy to find. However, if you're willing to pay more for food there are better foods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts