Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this. But I was wondering if anyone could recommend a food for an albino/white doberman. My other pups are getting Innova Evo and Kirkland chicken and rice. So far I have been told his skin is great, and so are his stools. he is on Innova adult at his foster home. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.:3dbiggrin

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I'm not a vet but as long the eyes are bright and the stools and skin look fine, why change what's working? I have been told that you might need to use sunscreen on that pink nose, and be careful not to let your albino not spend too much time in the sun because the eyes and skin are sensitive to light.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you :) I think i'll stick with the innova then. We are definatley going to be watching the sun with this boy. Luckily I live in Southern Ontario, so not too many hot sunny days in the forecast lol. We will get him some t-shirts, coats and sunscreen though.

·
Premium Member
10,614 Posts
Albino Dobermans should be able to eat any decent quality diet--frankly they tend to have fewer skin and coat problems than the dilute colors (fawn and blue) do.

The problems they do have tend to be related to the fact that they are albino and are UV sensative so should have restricted time in mid day sun as they are definitely more prone to a variety of skin cancers.

If the dog is doing well on the diet he's presently eating leave him on it--don't be trying to fix what's not broke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts