Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My doberman King is 7 months tomorrow and i am having problems with his left ear. His right ear has been standing for the past month or two but his left ear isnt doing well. I have been taping his ear and letting it down every day for increased lengths of time every day to strengthen it and it will usually stand but as soon as he lays down or gets lazy it will flop back down and i have to retape it again. Can anyone give advice on what to do or let me know if there is a better method to use?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
My doberman King is 7 months tomorrow and i am having problems with his left ear. His right ear has been standing for the past month or two but his left ear isnt doing well. I have been taping his ear and letting it down every day for increased lengths of time every day to strengthen it and it will usually stand but as soon as he lays down or gets lazy it will flop back down and i have to retape it again. Can anyone give advice on what to do or let me know if there is a better method to use?
Do i understand you tape the ear for a day then let it down the next day??
If so,you are doing wrong...keep posted at least 5-6 days and do not let the air down for more than few hours between changing posts..
DO this for for 2-3 weeks then observe the progress...repeat the above ALL OVER again if necessary!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is what i was originally doing then i read on another thread that someone was having the same probem as me and they did this for a while and their dobies ear stood but i dont seem to be having much luck so i will start doing what you said again. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts