Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love you Flash!

My world was so brightened with your unconditional love. I am devasted by your passing.

You were 14 years old and you went through many major surgeries, fighting mammary cancer and beating it for four years. You had Chronic Heart Failure (or the beginnings of) in the last 18 months, and your lymph nodes around your chest were enlarged.

But you were so tough, so fearless, and you loved to walk until your last days. Even on the day you died when you found out we were going on a car trip you followed me around more than normal and jumped into the car, like the old days.

It is with great sadness I witnessed your passing, and had I realized how sick you were, we would have stayed home so you could have more rest until the end.

When you collapsed and died from your CHF (or so it appears), my world was devasted and I am so hurt.

But I would not trade our fourteen years together for anything, and I love you so much.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
RIP Flash - this is a sad part of life but it sounds like you had 14 wonderful years with Flash. I really dread reading this section because I know how important our dobes become to us. They are more than family and when we lose one- it hurts a lot and although I don't know a single thing about Flash, I feel for your dobe. It's difficult but remember the best of days and if it helps, write them down so that your thoughts will always be there.

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I lost my 14 year old dobergirl last year so I know just how devastated you must be feeling. It's so hard when they've been a part of your life for so long. You were so lucky to have had Flash in your life for so long. Hold on to all your precious memories of her & they will bring comfort to you.
Hugs to you.

RIP dear old Flash.
Run free at the bridge sweet dobergirl.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my dobie baby on the same day. I feel your pain. I hope you can remember the good times with your baby.

Reactions: flash98

·
U got some splain' to do
244 Posts
So sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Flash. May the memories of the last 14 years comfort you during this difficult time. Hugs and nose pokes from Maui.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
478 Posts
sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your kind, thoughtful replies.

They have been very helpful and are highly appreciated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

Yes I'm trying to think of the good times. I have so much grief that it has been hard to sort out mentally to the more positive things like all the wonderful times shared.

But each day it is a little bit easier to think of the good times rather than just the moment I lost her.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So sorry for your loss. I lost my 14 year old dobergirl last year so I know just how devastated you must be feeling. It's so hard when they've been a part of your life for so long. You were so lucky to have had Flash in your life for so long. Hold on to all your precious memories of her & they will bring comfort to you.
Hugs to you.

RIP dear old Flash.
Run free at the bridge sweet dobergirl.
Yes 14 years together does create quite a bond. The adjustment after that is so hard. But yes very lucky to have had 14 wonderful years.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RIP Flash - this is a sad part of life but it sounds like you had 14 wonderful years with Flash. I really dread reading this section because I know how important our dobes become to us. They are more than family and when we lose one- it hurts a lot and although I don't know a single thing about Flash, I feel for your dobe. It's difficult but remember the best of days and if it helps, write them down so that your thoughts will always be there.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Excellent suggestion to write down those thoughts as they come in.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts