Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,590 Posts
Just keep maintaning her activity level and exercise and you won't have any problems. I've heard it too, but I don't put much stock in that. Scrappy was spayed at 6 months (is now 7 years)- not even a little overweight. Occasionally she would start to pudge out and I just up her exercise, like any of the other dogs I have.

It's a great idea to do it, and is the best thing you could do for Trinity. It will only serve to preserve her health down the road.

· Registered
6,590 Posts
They really shouldn't be noticing her yet b/c of a heat due in a month.
Typically they start paying attention at about the second week of heat.

I'd be really watchful over Trinity and the other two dogs for signs of problems- are they neutered?

Have you set her spay appointment yet? A female can be spayed when in heat, however it is more advisable to do it before or after to decrease the chance of complications. And if the two males are already presenting a problem being in the same house as her together, it could really be spelling trouble for when she IS in heat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.