Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wooohooo... we had our first raw meal today and it was so great... they loved it... it was only beef but still they loved it.... i wanted to see how it went before i go to a raw store and buy all this crap... but i talked to the ppl at bravo and they said you dont have to necessarily buy from us go to fred myers or safeway and buy what you need and feed it to them just dont cook it...

i feed prince and he picked all the meat out and left the kibble... where as tasneem ate it all...including kibble... they werent hungry anymore either... which was great too... and i was happy about that... so i think we will switch them over to raw completely by the middle of next week...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Woo Hoo! :dancing_b Isn't their first meal exciting?

Although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous the first time but seeing Ava eat real food for the first time was such a beautiful thing. I'm corny, I know but seeing her rip, tear, crunch and truly enjoy her food like a dog is supposed to made me wonder what the heck took me so long to catch on to it. The only thing I regret is not starting her sooner like you have with your two. I think Ava was around 8 months when we started and we haven't looked back since.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is so exciting... i love it so much... im so happy

i was really nervous but it is so cool. to see them actually like their food... so sick of science diet.. it sucks they dont like it... so i just went to our local butcher and he gave me about 8 pounds of organ meat free... and bone meal for free and charged me 4 dollars for 4-6 pounds of beef :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
in the future you really should try to avoid feeding raw and kibble together if at all possible. they digest at different rates, so it keeps the bacteria from the meat in their systems longer.

what types of organ meat did you get?

·
Registered
266 Posts
so instead of feeding them mixed together, maybe try feeding the morning meal as raw and the evening meal as kibble. i think i've read that kibble takes 8-12 hours to digest, so just try to put time between the kibble meals and the raw meals.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:dancing_b oooooooooh okay that is a good idea... and when i go away on a trip and my parents keep them they will eat kibble not just raw lol... good idea elle... see i knew i was gonna learn something form you... LOL :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts