Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Roxy to a dog park this afternoon and she did good.
At the beginning she was a little unsecured i almost decided to leave but after a couple of minutes she started running with other dog and play with them.
The only bad think it there was a dog that was barking at everyone and at every dog and his master was doing nothing. Some people told him to take his dog and leave and he left.

I did good by staying there when she was a little unsecured or i should a left immediately.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I took Roxy to a dog park this afternoon and she did good.
At the beginning she was a little unsecured i almost decided to leave but after a couple of minutes she started running with other dog and play with them.
The only bad think it there was a dog that was barking at everyone and at every dog and his master was doing nothing. Some people told him to take his dog and leave and he left.

I did good by staying there when she was a little unsecured or i should a left immediately.
That's the problem with dog parks, there always seems to be one or two owners that are not responsible. I've seen dogs gang up on a more timid dog and it's not pretty! Personally I stay far away from the dog parks. My dogs don't really need to play or interact with other dogs....they can play with me! ;)

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Never been to a dog park - ever.
In over 11 years, Amy is more than confident now (after puppyhood) and plays very well with most dogs and will not let herself be bullied or feel intimendated.
But she was trained in confidence situations and most early socialization, only came from new places and people...a setup for success.

More good reading - DOG PACKS In The PARK / HOW TO HANDLE YOUR DOG IN THE DOG PARK:
Leerburg | Dog Parks: Why They Are A Bad Idea

Question - I did good by staying there when she was a little unsecured or i should a left immediately?
My Answer - I would have left early...no harm done, unless negative situations repeated over an over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts