Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally got hit with our first back-to-back-to-back snowstorms this winter so I thought I'd take my pack outside for pictures! I think they thought I was nuts cause it was 18 degrees out and after going potty, everybody pretty much wanted to go back in - no playing for them! :)

D'Va and Jordan sticking pretty close to the house where the snow is shallower...apparently D'Va got knocked down at some point cause she has snow on her side...

Moe venturing out a bit...

Jordan just watching Moe, but not willing to go chase after him...

D'Va just looking cold and wanting to go in...

Even the Borders weren't too happy...

Eli says "can we pweaz go in??"

Thanks for looking! Jan

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
Beautiful picture of D'Va. She does look cold - it makes me want to put jammies on her and cuddle on the sofa with her. :)

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great pics! I love all your dogs. Those BTs are beyond adorable! I love their scruffy faces.
Thanks! The Borders are a lot of fun and are a good fit with the Dobes!

GREAT pics as always Jan :) I wonder who knocked poor D'va over :mad: I bet Twist and Eli ganged up on her :lol2: I know that Jordan would never knock her older sister over :roflmao:
Sorry to burst your bubble, Alissa, but there is a major competition between D'Va and Jordan to get out the slider door and off the deck first, even to the point of one jumping over the other as they're going out the door or down the steps! :) I believe this time Jordan won out and probably pushed D'Va into a snow bank! Twist and Eli wait until they're out the door and then Moe brings up the rear!

Beautiful picture of D'Va. She does look cold - it makes me want to put jammies on her and cuddle on the sofa with her. :)
Thanks! D'Va is pretty special and definitely is getting "prematurely" grey. I had my camera set wrong - her markings are not that color rust! I guess I'm a bad mom cause only Jordan has a coat which she rarely wears. I think Moe would definitely enjoy a pair of jammies! D'Va is not a cuddler - she sleeps by herself in the recliner - little Miss Independent! :)

Thanks for the pictures! I have been wanting to see Jordan! Whew! It looks cold! Those borders with snow on their muzzels are so CUTE!!
Thanks! I was hoping to get some pics of them playing, but no deal! I guess I should have taken Jordan's Wubba outside - that probably would have encouraged a little bit of action! The snow is starting to get a little deep for the Borders - they try to stay in the paths that the Dobes have created - I, too, love their little grizzly faces!

Jan

Reactions: astra

·
Registered
523 Posts
Great pictures! Little Eli is growing into a handsome young man!! My borders are also feeling a little reluctant about the ever-deepening snow here.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great pictures! Little Eli is growing into a handsome young man!! My borders are also feeling a little reluctant about the ever-deepening snow here.
Thanks! It's funny that you say "little" Eli cause right now the breeder and I are hoping he doesn't get much bigger! His breeder took him last weekend to the shows in Puyallup, WA and apparently one of the judges asked her if he was in the right class - I guess he was twice the size of the other puppy in his class (6-9)! :)

Jan

·
Registered
523 Posts
Do you know how tall he is? Some of them get all of their height by six months or so, so hopefully he's done! Maybe try putting him in Open or Bred-by if he's well behaved enough for those classes. Most of our dogs are pretty up on leg, so I don't mind a bigger dog. I am REALLY not a fan of teeny tiny BT's with no leg!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you know how tall he is? Some of them get all of their height by six months or so, so hopefully he's done! Maybe try putting him in Open or Bred-by if he's well behaved enough for those classes. Most of our dogs are pretty up on leg, so I don't mind a bigger dog. I am REALLY not a fan of teeny tiny BT's with no leg!
I just put him up on the table and measured him. He's just under 15 inches - 7 months old! He's definitely not one of those teeny tiny BTs! :)

Jan

·
Registered
523 Posts
I just put him up on the table and measured him. He's just under 15 inches - 7 months old! He's definitely not one of those teeny tiny BTs! :)

Jan
Wow, he is a big puppy!! Pick your judges carefully, then. Some won't touch a big dog regardless of how nice they are and others don't mind. Our Walker who won the National and Montgomery under breeder-judges this year is a bigger dog - probably around 14 inches. Many all breed judges won't even look at him in the ring because they want teeny, tiny Norfolk looking dogs!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts