Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Lexus said:
Well, I know my dog, and tonight I brushed my hand against the grain of her fur on her back and it was a soft feeling, not prickly and bristley like usual!
Hate to rain on your raw parade, I have nothing against it, but a Doberman coat IS suppose to be hard, not soft.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Lexus said:
I never said it wasn't....and it's NOT baby fur soft. It's just not like needles anymore. I guess it just takes a little creative thinking on the part of the reader.[/QUOTE

What's with the bitchy attitude?? I never said you said it was "baby fur soft." I was merely pointing out that it is suppose to be hard not soft. IMO the prickly feel is more what it should feel like than "soft" as you described it. Maybe it takes some level of reading comprehension on the part of the reader and alittle knowledge about the Doberman standard.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I have nothing against raw as I already stated. It's not what I would do at least not 100%, but for those that do I'm not against it. I wasn't "coming" at you, I was stating a fact. It's not my problem that stating facts makes you think I am after you. Just trying to educate.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I understood what you were saying. But, what you were describing isn't what a Doberman coat *should* be. I just didn't want people to think their dog's coat should be "soft."

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Lexus said:
Well apologies from my sub-standard doberman.
You are so defensive! I NEVER called your dog sub-standard. My own Doberman's coat leans more towards soft than hard. I would NEVER call him sub-standard. For crying out loud, all I was trying to do was EDUCATE. Isn't that one of the purposes of this board??

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Lexus said:
Of course this board is available for educating, especially if someone asks for it. I do believe there is a lot to be said for the approach and wording with converstaion.
There is alot to be said about levels of defensiveness, and interpretation. You interpteted way more into what I said than was intended.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.