Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I"m sure it's just my imagination, but Lexy's coat already looks and more noticabley feels better! Like I said I'm sure it's my imagination! But I swear!!!
You know when we got Ava at 9 weeks, she had a thin coat. Nothing extreme, just thin in some areas and I assumed since she never 'grew' out of it that her coat would be thin for life. It wasn't til I switch her to raw at 8 months that her coat grew in fuller. I noticed a difference within a couple weeks and while her coat isn't completely normal, you'd never notice unless you were looking for thin spots. I thought it was my imagination as well...... Perhaps not. *shrugs*

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well, I know my dog, and tonight I brushed my hand against the grain of her fur on her back and it was a soft feeling, not prickly and bristley like usual! I guess I'm just a really happy mom!
I know what you mean! My dog, Scoob's coat used to feel dry almost, very course and I figured that was normal for him but after a couple months eating raw, his coat texture changed. It feels much more smooth and sleek now and for the first time in his life he blew his coat! Granted he isn't a Doberman and his coat is slightly thicker than a Dobe's would be but I never knew him to shed his coat like that.

·
Registered
460 Posts
He's worried now about all the bacteria found in raw food, especially poultry, and is convinced that this could possibly make her aggressive. "Tracy, we're going to be late one day for a feeding and she's going to look at Petri or Yo and consider them lunch if she gets too used to this raw diet!"
:) I get that reaction a lot from people. "You feed a Doberman raw meat?! They're already mean enough without tasting blood, what are you thinking?!" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm glad to hear you hit the jackpot. :) That's more than I could ever find at the grocery store.

I bet the cashier thought you were nuts as she rung up all that stuff. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.