Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Yeah! Welcome to the bandwagon!!! I"m sure it's just my imagination, but Lexy's coat already looks and more noticabley feels better! Like I said I'm sure it's my imagination! But I swear!!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Well, I know my dog, and tonight I brushed my hand against the grain of her fur on her back and it was a soft feeling, not prickly and bristley like usual! I guess I'm just a really happy mom! For a few days Lexy came in the office (where I feed) and stood by the food tote when I said dinner time, and today I told her time for breakfast (this moning and dinner just a little bit ago) and she bolted to the kitchen to wait for me where she's been eating her "new" foods! SO I know she's a happy camper too!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
WOOOHOOO! Dobes coming out of the woodwork aroung here!!! Chi is quite the WILD ANIMAL!! It's bring out the WOLF in her!!!! I bet she'll be out there tossing and ripping her raw meat and it will splat on the patio door! Ewww what a sight that would be!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
Lexus said:
I never said it wasn't....and it's NOT baby fur soft. It's just not like needles anymore. I guess it just takes a little creative thinking on the part of the reader.[/QUOTE

What's with the bitchy attitude?? I never said you said it was "baby fur soft." I was merely pointing out that it is suppose to be hard not soft. IMO the prickly feel is more what it should feel like than "soft" as you described it. Maybe it takes some level of reading comprehension on the part of the reader and alittle knowledge about the Doberman standard.

This isn't the first time you've come at me regarding doberman standards when I've never been degrogatory or contradictory to it. And starting a post with "hate to rain on your raw parade" IMO isn't a neutral way to open a conversation if you "just" wanted to state a comment.

Consider that a drier not as healthy coat is coarser where as a healthier coat will be sleeker and shinier and by product of so, also feel smoother and softer.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
I have nothing against raw as I already stated. It's not what I would do at least not 100%, but for those that do I'm not against it. I wasn't "coming" at you, I was stating a fact. It's not my problem that stating facts makes you think I am after you. Just trying to educate.
We were merely stating how happy we were as to how our dogs were doing on the diet. Not looking for education on coat conditions in relation to breed standard. As for the rest of your comment, you have said things to me in the past that for all intensive purposes go well beyond "stating facts" so you know full well where my comments stem from.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
As my final note on this subject what I said was (summed up, not word for word) to the effect of I feel my dog's coat is already improving in apperance and texture. Not what is the doberman standard when it comes to coats?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Well apologies from my sub-standard doberman.

Back to the point of this thread, is Chi still doing well after a few days on the new diet Tracy? Harley and scrappy are feeling very left out!! I'll probably eventually switch them over too, Tom found another butcher fairly near us, (since the other one is a hair solon now!) I'm gonna stop out there tomorrow and stock up. (wahoo, one more day off!)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Of course this board is available for educating, especially if someone asks for it. I do believe there is a lot to be said for the approach and wording with converstaion.

Still not smoking Tracy, I hope!?!? We're rooting for you!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
TracyJo said:
Well Mark was finally here for a raw lunch yesterday and he is thouroughly grossed out :) Turkey neck happened to be on the menu (not nearly as much fun to toss around as the much meatier wing) VERY crunchy :) He's worried now about all the bacteria found in raw food, especially poultry, and is convinced that this could possibly make her aggressive. "Tracy, we're going to be late one day for a feeding and she's going to look at Petri or Yo and consider them lunch if she gets too used to this raw diet!"

Oh man too funny, it WILL bring out the wolf in her!!! Better tell him to watch his fingers hanging over the side of the bed too, in case she gets a craving for a midnight snack!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
You can take my comments however you feel you must, however I'm not interesting in continuing the debate of how best to communicate and approach people with comments as I've stated how I felt.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Dobe_Paws said:
:) I get that reaction a lot from people. "You feed a Doberman raw meat?! They're already mean enough without tasting blood, what are you thinking?!" :rolleyes:

You know I've actually heard that (for a rott too on "animals attack" )!!! Once a doberman tastes blood they can never be trusted again! We must have a death wish!! Uh-oh, Lexy's eyeballing me and licking her chops......should I be worried guys??? :help_up_2

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Okay Jessica, I went to giant eagle again today, and they had a ton of stuff!!! I was psyched! I swear that stuff wasn't there before!! I went up and down the meat row ten times and there was hardly anything out then, I looked like an idiot with my empty cart making trips back and forth. But this time I got RMB's, chicken backs, pig necks, ground beef specials, livers, heart & gizzards, and a lot of it!! I split it all up at home into packages I can defrost and feed for about 3 days at a time. I'll get pretty far on it all! I'll have to get more muscle meat long before I run out of the organ meat, as she get only a bit of that, but at least I'm stocked for quit a while. I was so excited just had to tell another nut!

1 - 17 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.