Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My female dobie is in heat for the first time is just plain pitiful! She has a little doggie diaper on and hates it she walks around with her head down and ears back, she will not play at all and is usually nonstop with goofing around, she comes and puts her head in your lap just wanting love all the time... Is there anything I can do to help her feel more comfortable? I try my best to love and talk to her trying to let her know I'm here. I'm sure it's a crazy feeling for a dog to do that they don't quite understand what's happening to their bodies. Is this typical? Has anyone experienced this and found a way to perk em up?

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
PetSmart has nice velco heat panties and you need 2 pair, with one in the washer-dryer.

If your using a kids pampers...make sure to cut a hole in the back end (but,remove the dog first, with scissors in hand...lol)...for the tail to stick out.

Praise her repeately...tell her she is a good girl...pretty girl...over and over again...she will sence your joy.

My dobe use to have no problem wearing them...and leaving them on, when I went to work.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I tried to put her doggie pants on.

Look at her poor face... Her first heat, 2 years ago.
134145.jpg
151436.jpg

She hates and took them away by herself at the end.

I've already given up the original idea. During her heat, I follow her ways holding the cloth in my home:screama: Also, no guests during the period. It's sometimes like a homicide scene. Good news is she gets better to handle it, less mess:nicejob:

·
Registered
463 Posts
check out thongs for dogs i found they worked way better than bulky panties...

n yes its normal.... they will either become total bitches or total wussies.... My girl was a 100% more velcro than ever her first week of her heat, and was constantly sulking! she will come out of it soon... till then spoil the crap out of her :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha! thanks you guys, I'm new at this and her attitude did a total flipflop on me. I have a big wool sock with rice in it that i've been heating up for her and she lies next to it/on it i think that makes her feel better. and trust me all i've been doing is treating her like a queen! she gets her kong with a little peanut butter in it almost every day and all the loving she can beg for lol she's a little ******* though as soon as that diaper goes back on her she doesn't listen to anything i tell her just stands around with her head down... such a brat lol

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Sorry she is going thru this. The only thing I want to add is....that I do not baby any of my dogs when they are being a bratt! If they are sulking, being bossy, pushy or anything of the type I do my own thing and ignore them. They get loved on when they are well behaved and calm. (Last sentence excludes training. They can be excited then and be loved on.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts