Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

First feeding of raw

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  o0 sHaDoWoLf 0o 
I don't like either wings or legs due to the type of bone in them. I prefer backs and breasts with bone. Turkey necks are good for puppies but may be too small for adults. My kelpie puppy was eating chicken necks for about 2 weeks until she learned how to suck them on down without eating, then barf them back up - she was under 3 mths at the time. No more necks - we ground the rest up and started her on backs. I cut excess fat off the back.

Also the chicken wing is low in meat and high in fat with the skin and bone.

Reactions: o0 sHaDoWoLf 0o
okay thanks for the info, there is just so much information out there about RAW feeding its so hard to determine which advice to follow. There is a butcher shop near me that that grinds up the meat, bone and organ together and sells it that way. Is that too much to feed him all three at once right away or should I stick with what you guys suggested.
If the price is right and the ratios are right, then it sounds like a great thing to do:)

Make sure you read the thread that Doberkim started on Raw Feeding FAQ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.