Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe a couple of months ago Lady Kate had asked about Fawn Champions. With nothing better to do, I was looking through some old Doberman Quarterlies and found this picture of the first Fawn Champion. Dobebug had given her name in Lady Kate's thread, but I thought some of you might be interested in seeing a picture of her. She was Ch. Aventine's Gabrielle, out of Ch. Tarrado's Corry by Bachtal's Pepsi. She finished in September 1972. Sorry about the quality of the picture!

Jan

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Marieldobes~~ I did see the picture of Gabrielle.. she is so lovely and thank you Vivenne, for Emma's photo as well..spectacular girls!!!
I am so partial to fawns. To me they have such a special quality and unique personality. It's so sad that some breeders lose sight of the big picture and try to create their own line of dilutes.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Dobelove.. thank you.. I took a peek at her a while back.. She is amazing.
It's so funny, before we got Sofia, I knew absolutely NOTHING about Dobermans. I was raised in a house with collies, have had a few of them, a lovely and silly Olde English and two crazy Irish Setters. By adopting our lovely golden girl, joining this Forum and learning so much about this incredible breed, I have lost my heart completely! Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge and experiences with me. I never get tired of looking at your photos and reading about your adventures.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Someone on this forum owns Toadie, a STUNNING fawn.
Yes, Toedie is owned by Dobebug and is Ch. Foxfire's Gold Toed Monster, and he is a sweetie! I should also mention he has a string of titles at the end of his registered name, Obedience, Agility, ROM!! :)

Jan

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
here is another picture of Gabby............

too bad so many dilutes suffer from color mutant alopecia.......you rarely see a blue or fawn being specialed...usually they disappear from the ring around 4 years of age. :(

cool to see photos of Doberman from the past.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here is another picture of Gabby............

too bad so many dilutes suffer from color mutant alopecia.......you rarely see a blue or fawn being specialed...usually they disappear from the ring around 4 years of age. :(

cool to see photos of Doberman from the past.
Thanks for sharing your photo of her...it certainly is a much more flattering picture of her! :)

Jan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts