Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to get Sadie today and we are so glad to have her home (My daughter is beyond excited!)

I was a excited to see her alseep in her daddy's kennel when we first walked in, the breeder and I talked about some stuff as she woke up, then the craziness started my daughter and her 3 kids started playing and Sadie was trying everything to get away from those crazy kids!!! We got her in the truck to go home (I decided to take my chances with the kennel after seeing her sleeping in one already and I didn't have anyone to help me, she whinned for about 30 seconds and then laid down and feel alseep :) When we got home and I got her out I saw that she did get sick :( I cleaned her and the kennel up and took her in the house to check out the place.

She has done really good for the most part but isn't eating or drinking. I take her to the vet tomorrow so I will talk to him then I am sure it's just the fact that she is scared in a new place

I can't wait to show you pictures (my camera's batteries are dead) and tell you more stories!!!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Congratulations on getting her home.:) Hope all is well and glad to know she is going for a health check.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Get well soon little one, hopefully it was just the car journey that has upset her and she will be bouncing around in no time.

Word of warning, puppies and kids rarely mix as much as the kids wish/would like them to do so please make sure your pup gets plenty of time outs from being played with.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Congrats on the new pup! Diesel got sick his trip home too and he was fine. It was just nerves and being in a new place. He never did it again.

Post pictures soon!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She did well after the 2nd time being in the car, no more sickness! Last night went great she went sleep fine only cried twice to go out and go potty and went back to sleep. And her vet check up went great this morning!

I am well aware of puppies needing their sleep and keeping an eye on the two of them. I make my daughter give Sadie breaks and she knows that she is just like a baby and needs lots of sleep. The good news is that on the week days my daughter will be in pre-school most of the day so I won't have to keep such a close eye on the both of them.

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
I always recommend keeping things really low key the first 2 to 3 days the new puppy is home, as well as making as little changes as possible. Very little playtime, time exploring the new home, and lots of snuggling/bonding :)
Going to a new home is very stressful for babies. Especially with starting house and crate training too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts