Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

First beg. OB class last night--Need some major work.

895 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Luvbirds 
Fear aggression ? I'm no expert....but how old is Jordan? I wouldn't put too much stock in that....it was his first class, and he is NOT used to strangers. Just get out there and socialize socialize socialize!

I don't agree with the crating when people come in, my trainer had us make Petey sit and stay, ignore him after that and greet our guest, not let them greet him first, that immediatly establishes us and our guest as above Petey. Then let them casually greet him, only if he was receptive. For right now Petey thinks everyone coming ,is here to PLAY! I know that will change. Also...when we first got Petey and for a while, he would bark at people he didn't know. He hasn't been doing that anymore, not sure if it will start again or he has learned that for the most part people are ok. We do have a ton of traffic coming through our house, mostly males.

One day at a time....we can't train them all in one day.

Carol

My trainer said never let anyone force themselves on your dog....let the dog get comfortable before you ever have them reach out to touch him. Only fair right....do you like strangers touching you? ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.