Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Jeddah to the beach for the first time today. She went crazy! I couldn't stop laughing, nor getting drenched. Apparantly water is for jumping in, not casually strolling through!

I haven't had the courage to take her up until now, as there is usually lot of retired people with their small fluffy dogs, and unfortunately we don't like fluffy dogs.

Had an interesting moment though. We're on the beach, I'm keeping my eye out for any approaching dogs. Along comes an older lady with a Jack Russell and I think a clipped Peke. She seems to be heading straight for me, so Jeddah and I start just walking further up the beach, with this lady behind us. For an older worman, she's moving, actually gaining on me! I'm reasonably tall and can step it out, so Jeddah and I pick up the pace, me constantly looking back over the shoulder....she's still steaming ahead. I'm thinking "what's going on here??" So we're kind of jogging by this stage, and leave them behind. Had a bit more of a play, and then decided to head back to the car. Power walking granny spots me and yep, she's after me. I managed to get to the car, open the doors, throw in a wet dobe and she's there! "I've been trying to catch up to you", she says. No kidding..... "Jack wanted to play with your dog". Jack was an excessively noisy Jack Russell, Jeddah's in the car screaming back....I'm explaining to this nice lady that I have a fear aggressive and would be best if she moved on with little Jack.

We then went off to obedience training, and came home totally exhausted from outrunning elderly ladies.

Now, before you ask, I forgot to take the camera! Thinking about going again next week, so will try and get some pics then.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
MUAAAAAAAAAAAAA- Pictures!!!! Never leave home without your camera!! ( or the batteries for your camera in my case!)

Glad Jeddah had such a great time!!! She's come so far huh? Maybe next time the galloping granny won't be there!!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
We took Tia to a show in a place called Weston super Mare once,Its hard to explain but at Weston its all sand no sea(3 miles to the water when the tides out,which it is most of the time!)but she went wild on the sand and we had several of her litter mates there also.
The classic one was Juno my first dobey love we went to a place called Saint Ives in Devon(south coast)and she was like Jeddah went crazy in the water but she also drank more sea than we thought and walking through the town later it had passed all the way through and was coming out the back end like muddy water, the locals were not impressed but what can you do

·
Registered
953 Posts
lol @ the elderly lady.

Glad you had a great day at the beach! will be a while yet before I can take Bruno to the beach ;) But I'm sure he'll love it.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww haha thats so cute! Sounds like she had a lot of fun! That old lady sounds sweet! haha trying to catch up to you! lol well I hope Jeddah didn't get your car too dirty! lol I bet she will sleep good! Pictures next time!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Dogs love beaches! Mine have the best time there. The Labs love the water, they all love the garbage that washes up, and Katie likes people who are laying down catching rays. Easier to lick their faces that way.

Are the beaches in Australia all open to dogs, or they restricted to certain areas? Here in Southern California, there are very few beaches where dogs are allowed to run loose. The benifit to our restrictive rules is that where dogs are allowed, there are always lots of dogs.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
man I wish I lived by a beach...hey when you guys all say dog beach...does it count lakes...or is it also or only the ocean?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chaz said:
Dogs love beaches! Mine have the best time there. The Labs love the water, they all love the garbage that washes up, and Katie likes people who are laying down catching rays. Easier to lick their faces that way.

Are the beaches in Australia all open to dogs, or they restricted to certain areas? Here in Southern California, there are very few beaches where dogs are allowed to run loose. The benifit to our restrictive rules is that where dogs are allowed, there are always lots of dogs.
I had posted an answer on this, but it's gone into cyberblackhole. :)

Not all beaches are dog friendly Chaz. Different City Councils have different regulations. But we do have allocated Dog Beaches. The beaches are well sign posted, so you know exactly where you stand. Unfortunately Jeddah has learnt to read yet, so she depends on her handler having her glasses with her!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts