Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Daisy is about to go get her ears done or looked at to be done this friday. Did u tell whoever cut ur dogs ears u wanted them a show crop or long cut or what? Or did u get him from a breeder who did it? Either way, can u give me some detailed instructions on ur ear maintenance and how u taped them with the tampons and stuff? thanx

o ya and to make u feel better im printing ur Dobes picture out to show the vet, how i want them so if u could/ want could u take a pitcure from the side

this would be a lot of help man thanx

·
Registered
421 Posts
Your vet should have the pics from you to choose. If not run. You don't want him seeing a pic and experimenting on your dog.

·
Banned
375 Posts
she is exactly right. you should be able to chose what you want them to look like....You would also say you want a show crop... and if he says huh... you say goodbye because if that is whta you want... you tell them that... plus as joce said you always should have pics to look at and to tell him/her what you want. and if they ask med tolong or long if you like long then go with long... because you can also get a medium to long show crop

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not only would I want my vet to know what I was talking about, I would want to see pictures of the *numerous* other dogs he had cropped. I'd want to see proof of his work, I'd want to know exactly what I was going to get before putting my dog under the knife.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well he did a regular short crop on Gunner, and it looked good. But idk if he does long crops ill ask today

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
elle said:
Not only would I want my vet to know what I was talking about, I would want to see pictures of the *numerous* other dogs he had cropped. I'd want to see proof of his work, I'd want to know exactly what I was going to get before putting my dog under the knife.

Definetley!! Just because they are vets, some are still more experienced at it then others.... A good one will have pics. I researched on it and am not really happy with my regular vets cropping if I ever had another puppy (Lexy was done by the breeder, very happy with hers) They just do short crops. But the vet I finally found that does great crops is like 40 minutes away, he does numerous show dogs, and had albums. It's a look you will have to live with forever, so don't worry bout taking the time to check into it and telling them exactly what you want. A good cropper will also be able to do the ears to compliment the dog. Hey it's your dog, not theirs so speak up!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya he said he knows how to do them, i took gunner in for a check up and I was tlaking to him aabout cropping Daisy's long and he said he did two last week, and he did my work on my min pin and DObe and i was satisfied with both. I told him i didnt like it when they had really wide based ears he said because that vet probably cut mostly Pit bulls

1 - 7 of 7 Posts