Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been dating BF for 4-months now and the girls immediately loved him. And I do mean LOVED him. They both started climbing all over him, licking him, leaning into him, bringing him toys - he was an instant brand-new best-friend in their eyes.

But the last week Fiona has really latched onto him. :) BF stays over about 4 nights per week. In the mornings the girls go between he and I 'helping' us get ready for work. When he heads to the door, Fiona follows him (I can hear him talking to her the whole way thru the house - so cute). As soon as the front door shuts Fiona races thru the house, jumps on my bed, and watches through the blinds to see him get in his car and drive away. (My bedroom has one window that overlooks the driveway.) As soon as his car is out of sight, she turns some circles and lays down on the bed, sulking until I get them breakfast before I leave for work.

phone pics from this morning's new routine:

He was just pulling away in front of my house and she dropped her head...

His car is officially out of sight, she's turned in circles, and dejectedly decided he's gone for the day...

I love this dog so much. She can be such a pushy, bitchy, brat but she has grown into just about the biggest sweetheart and a total love. <3

For the record, Tali loves BF too. She's just not nearly as forward about it all like Fiona is. Tali waits for him to call her to him for cuddles and pets (she'll also sit very close to him, staring, ears flat, huge Disney eyes, just waiting for him to acknowledge her - LOL - she takes the guilting, pathetic approach), but Fiona makes herself right at home on top of him when she wants. Just another example of their differences. :)

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awww!

So... 4 months after http://www.dobermantalk.com/general-off-topic-chat/54526-date-me-date-my-dogs.html or so? ;)

Glad you may have found a keeper! ^_^
I guess it was about 4-months after that thread that I met him. He's great with them, even when Fiona gets obnoxious and a little extra full of herself / pushy. He's unflappable with them.

This weekend he told me that if anything happened to me he wants to take care of my dogs as his own. He also said he may have lost his mind but if anything did happen to me he'd go so far as wishing he could clone Fiona and have her forever because she's "my" dog. LOL Even though, really, his favorite between the 2 is Tali, but we don't tell Fiona that. ;) :D

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I guess it was about 4-months after that thread that I met him. He's great with them, even when Fiona gets obnoxious and a little extra full of herself / pushy. He's unflappable with them.

This weekend he told me that if anything happened to me he wants to take care of my dogs as his own. He also said he may have lost his mind but if anything did happen to me he'd go so far as wishing he could clone Fiona and have her forever because she's "my" dog. LOL Even though, really, his favorite between the 2 is Tali, but we don't tell Fiona that. ;) :D
Look, be sure you don't let him take out any huge amount of life insurance out on you, too!!! Maybe he is just dating you to get your dogs later...ever think of that???:roflmao:

Seriously tho, it is great you have found someone who loves them and they love him...I always trust the dog's opinion, always!

Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yes, the girls know best. Sounds like three girls are smitten to me...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts