Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay all you agility folks, here's one for ya...
I frequently take Chi to the playground (I'm so bad, I take her to the park more often than Jordan). We've conquered the tunnels and slides and going up and down the stairs and bridge (these all really help her practice "stay" because I stay on the ground and send her up). There is one obstacle that we just can't get, although she does attempt it. It's a 6-8ft ladder like bridge that's maybe 3 feet off the ground. The "rungs" are 1x4" but they are staggered, one is level with the platform and then the next is maybe 3 inches lower, the next is level with the first type of thing. She will readily put her front feet on the first "rung" and try to get her back foot on it, but I can tell she's nervous about it... How can I help her learn where to place her feet? I've not pushed this and think that if I were to bring my clicker next time we could probably make a little more progress but I don't want to risk scaring her or injury. Any ideas?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have heard putting a ladder across the ground and having them walk through the rungs will help them teach them where their back feet are.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Use somekind of lure.....It should take her focus off the climbing. take it slow, don't want her to be so distract she forgets whats she doing....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts