Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loves her toys.

waiting with her sisters for their snacky snacks.

the tiniest one and the only one who isn't annoyed by her puppyness.

First ear taping

right after the first taping was taken off ears are up

an hour and half later, they are starting to go down. :(

trying to get her other sister to play

she isn't having any of it.

we love her to pieces

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
She's PRECIOUS!

I would suggest not leaving the ears unposted until one (or both) starts falling. That will just delay the ears being completely done. Most people, though not all, only let the ears "breathe" for about 10-15 minutes between posting. Longer ears like your girls tend to take until the end of teething at 5.5 - 6 months to be done, sometimes it takes longer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Very cute puppy, congrats!
I have seen many dobermans with this kind of tail. Isn't a bit longer than normal? Or what is normal?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Love the little nose zipper - cute!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
She is adorable. She's got that look in her I like, "I'm not in charge yet, but I will be". She will keep you and the other pups busy. Funny, the littlest one has taken to her.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She's PRECIOUS!

I would suggest not leaving the ears unposted until one (or both) starts falling. That will just delay the ears being completely done. Most people, though not all, only let the ears "breathe" for about 10-15 minutes between posting. Longer ears like your girls tend to take until the end of teething at 5.5 - 6 months to be done, sometimes it takes longer.
Patchwork our breeder is taping the ears, what we are doing is taking them out one day before so they can air out, by that time, about a week, the ears are dirty the tape is black and its just gross. so I take the taping off and give her a nice bath then we take her to get her ears taped back up, do you think one day in between having tape on is ruining our efforts? I never thought of that. We are currently doing one week taped, one day off.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Advice please.

Very cute puppy, congrats!
I have seen many dobermans with this kind of tail. Isn't a bit longer than normal? Or what is normal?
Omikron not sure, this is our first dobe, so we are still learning as much as we can .We are hoping she can be shown in confirmation, if not we'll definately look into obedience and agility. Does anyone here have any thoughts on if she looks to be show quality or not? I know its still early and she is young, but I am curious to know others opinions on how she looks for her breed. Please give your most honest opinions. All puppies are beautiful, I'm just curious to know what other dobe owners think of her in comparisan with breed standards. thanks.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She is adorable. She's got that look in her I like, "I'm not in charge yet, but I will be". She will keep you and the other pups busy. Funny, the littlest one has taken to her.
thanks so much Madmony. Yes we love her little zipper nose too. lol. Now if only the other two will take to her, they basically tolerate her and I know they will never hurt her, but its almost like they are pissed off at me for bringing her into our home. I think they have realized that unlike their other furfriends, this one is not leaving. lol.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I'd take the posts out and clean her ears 30 min before going to your breeder's house. That's how I did it. Especially later on in the process, letting the ears flop just lengthens the time that the ears need to be posted for.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She is beautiful and a very sweet little girl!!!!!

Amy
Thanks Amy :) Oh by the way I had to start freezing toys for the teething because she has been teething on my tiny chihuahua. yikes! lol. Poor thing has little marks all over her and keeps going back for more, the two of them are becoming quite the pair. lol.

·
Kacy's mommy ♥
100 Posts
Oh my gosh! She is beautiful! I just love the 5th picture she's so cute! :butfly:

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
aww she's adorable! we also have a red Bella. is that her full name or is it short for something else? I think she is a cutie. Love the 2nd and last photo of her. She has a bit darker eyes than my girl has, when we brought our girl home her eyes were more green, but now they are turning a bit more gold. with a darker ring around the outside.

Reactions: CH4Sure

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
thanks Starlight, post pics of your girl so we can see!
I will be putting a few new photos in the doberman related section of her in her new cage.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts