Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We decided on a Chillydog coat and it arrived today. We are very pleased with the quality and fit. Of course the weather has gone from being in the 20s to 70 with 80 degrees in the forecast. The nice thing about living in NC is the weather is never boring. Our winters don't really get going until January and are usually finished by April.

Thanks Okie-dobie for positing pictures of ******* with her Chillydog coat. Without your help we would have had to settle for less.

Phil

Attachments

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Oh I love the coat! And she looks great in it might I add :D I know what you mean about the NC weather....It has been crazy for the last few weeks....cold, hot, cold, hot.....but I am from Texas originally so I am used to the changes.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Love the high collar on her very chich new coat. Chillydogs is made in Kanata, Ont - near Ottawa where it gets 20-below and stays there for a week. ******* will be very toasty this winter!

·
Registered
13 Posts
At what temp does a Dobe need a coat generally?

I’m in Southern CA and it doesn’t really get “cold” per se but I guess it’s pretty chilly in the mornings during some winter days.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
it really depends on the dobe. Pollo gets cold at night in the house (you can hear his teeth chatter!) Molly is just oblivious......

cc

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
She looks so very pretty in her coat. She will nice and toasty on the cold mornings. Hope you have a warm coat stay out with her now on long walks.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
These Chilldog coats are tailor made for dobies if you ask me they seem to suit them down to the ground.

·
Registered
262 Posts
KingJason said:
At what temp does a Dobe need a coat generally?
I asked this same question to the owner of Chilly Dogs (I have Great White North winter coat, a Chilly Sweater, and a head muff) and this was her reply:

Here are my recommendations based on my experience. It will depend on your breed and age of dog, as well as where you live.

Sweater: 50F to 14F +-
GWN coat: 23F to -40F
Head Muff: 5F and less

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Your welcome eph94! The coat looks great, I always thought the green would look nice on the red's. They are good quality don't you think?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, the quality is excellent. I almost look forward to the weather turning cold again.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Ha, ha, yes me to! Actually she had her coat on tonight. It is damp and getting cool here, she was snug as a bug!:)

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Love that coat, cute picture

·
Registered
437 Posts
She looks lovely in her coat. Diesel will have to start wearing his soon. Abbie only wears one if its raining cos she melts!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, Great looking coat. I really need to get my dobe a warm coat too. Here in New Mexico the weather has been pretty cold and we have gottten lots of snow. I really like the Chilly dogs coat but they are pricey. But I bet it's a good Quality Right!! I really need to get somthing warm for Samson. Poor guys he uses an old sweater shirt of mine. lol Looks kinda funny but, hey it keeps him a little warm. Right!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Very nice looking coat and model!
I am in the market for another coat for Mr. Orson so I will give chilly dogs a look see.

(Hubby left Orsons on him because he was cold in the house, so Orson laid in the corner out of range and managed to chew on the front :()

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Well I am buying a new Chillydog coat for *******...stupid me I thought this one would fit forever!! It is a size 24", 30" long. You can go on there website and check for sizing. I am selling hers if anyone is interested, just to let you know ******* is 67 lbs, 24" high and it is getting a little tight. It could probably do her for the winter but I know she is going to grow some! Again here are some pics. of her modeling the coat.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Oh sorry the pictures are so big, I forgot to down size them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts