Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/30/business/worldbusiness/30food.html?ex=1335672000&en=b143bd4a5d0684b6&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

April 30, 2007
Filler in Animal Feed Is Open Secret in China
By DAVID BARBOZA and ALEXEI BARRIONUEVO
ZHANGQIU, China, April 28 — As American food safety regulators head to China to investigate how a chemical made from coal found its way into pet food that killed dogs and cats in the United States, workers in this heavily polluted northern city openly admit that the substance is routinely added to animal feed as a fake protein...

Apparently, in China, adding Melamine to feed has been going on for some time. It is unclear why all of a sudden it became so toxic. In the meantime, the list of recalled products keeps growing. It's all about greed. Phil

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
What are the odds that dogs and cats have been dying from this for over a decade? With in the last decade two of my very close friends both lost dogs at only 3 and 8 years old to kidney failure....both dogs 100% healthy, fell ill suddenly and died. I know several people who had the same thing happen to their cats. I'm sure this can cause a host of other things that doesn't kill the dogs immediately...just slowing destroys their bodies. Makes me sick the amount of money we all spend with the pet food companies and we can't trust the ingredients!

Carol

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I just wish that U.S. dog food companies would purchase the ingredients from the U.S. that go into the dog food. It's sad that they don't have any more quality control than they do right now. They need to test every ingredient before making the dog food. It shouldn't take something like this to make them start testing everything! They should have been doing it all along. I'm sure that some of them have been testing, but you never know now that this is going on.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Why are we even getting any food at all from China?

Especially the U.S. and Canada. I thought the U.S. and Canada were the world's largest wheat producers.

When I was a kid, North America fed the world, and kids were starving in China.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Why are we even getting any food at all from China?

Especially the U.S. and Canada. I thought the U.S. and Canada were the world's largest wheat producers.

When I was a kid, North America fed the world, and kids were starving in China.
exactly.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
wow - I had a cat that died suddenly a few years back. He was healthy & either 6 or 7. Makes me wonder. . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts