Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must be brain dead because I'm having trouble figuring out the points available at our show this coming weekend :sadcry:. From what the judging program says there are 11 Dobermans total, 2 regular class dogs, 6 regular class bitches, 1 BOB dog, and 2 BOB bitches. In the point schedule for this area the lowest entry number to earn a point is 3 dogs/3 bitches. Since there are only 2 dogs, will the winning dog even get his point?

And while I'm asking newbie questions, at what point do you enter BOB? I thought you were sent to BOB if you were winners dog/bitch.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
keniesue said:
I must be brain dead because I'm having trouble figuring out the points available at our show this coming weekend :sadcry:. From what the judging program says there are 11 Dobermans total, 2 regular class dogs, 6 regular class bitches, 1 BOB dog, and 2 BOB bitches. In the point schedule for this area the lowest entry number to earn a point is 3 dogs/3 bitches. Since there are only 2 dogs, will the winning dog even get his point?

And while I'm asking newbie questions, at what point do you enter BOB? I thought you were sent to BOB if you were winners dog/bitch.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Winner's Dog and Winner's Bitch compete in the BOB class. The rest of the class is usually made up of dogs who are already champions, called "specials".
Once in awhile, usually at specialty shows, you'll also see veteran dog and veteran bitch classes prior to Best of Breed..the veteran dog and veteran bitch also compete in Best of Breed.

Winner's Dog with the entry you've posted would receive no points unless he goes Best of Winners, Best Opposite Sex or Best of Breed.

If he goes BOW, he'd get the same number of points that Winner's Bitch receives. Since six class bitches are entered, he'd get at least one point.

If he goes Winner's Dog/Best Opposite Sex, you'd also count the male entered in BOB, that would be 3 males, and he'd earn one point.

If he goes WD/BOB you'd count the entire entry for the day-that would be at least one point, possibly more depending on the point schedule for your region.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts