Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a fido fleece coat for my dog and it is a bit too tight. It's a size 24 and is green with purple on the belly. I can't return it and would like to sell it. It's brand new with tags and was only put on her once to try it on. If anyone would be interested in it, please PM me. I'm asking $20 plus shipping.

(if it's not ok to post this, please delete it and accept my apologies)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
That's fine DeauxB luver typically our rules state no advertising for personal gain, but I don't see this as that.

I'm going to check the website, and see what exactly size the 24 will fit.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Bummer I measured Lex and she is a 24 length and 30 girth, so she'd be a 20-22. It's only a little bigger, but by the measurements, I'm afraid it would be too loose, especially around the barrel. I really wanted it too!!!

For anyone else's referance, the size 24 coat fits 26+ length (from the collar to base of tail) and up to 38 girth (around their barrel behind their elbow)

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Lexus, When I got Nikki's coats, she was in the range for a 22 and I got the 24 for her and it wasn't that large for her. It was just a little roamy but still fit her nicely. A little larger is better than a little smaller...Just my input

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Okay maybe I'll give it a try then :) Worse case senerio, I can always add a little velcro to tighten up the barrel if need be. (yeah right real Martha Sterwart here)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
If it's a bit to big, it can easily be taken in at the dry cleaners, or do you have a neighbor who sews? Not a big deal. I imagine the coat is pretty much made up of straight seams.

Lexus, where did you find that good-looking daybed your Doberkid is flaked out on (quilted cream w/ tan seams)?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts

This one was from Target, They had a sale on them (dog beds are so darn expensive) for 29.99 one day, I think they were regular price $45 or $49, something like that.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
JavasMom said:
If it's a bit to big, it can easily be taken in at the dry cleaners, or do you have a neighbor who sews? Not a big deal. I imagine the coat is pretty much made up of straight seams.
Ha, you give me too much credit :picknose: !! No seriously, if it is sloppy, I can find someone to mend it for me :) I'm just so excited to get it! I've wanted a fleece coat for her for ages, all I have is my horse blanket style, which is nice for really racing around and rough housing in with her brother in the snow.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Lexus said:

This one was from Target, They had a sale on them (dog beds are so darn expensive) for 29.99 one day, I think they were regular price $45 or $49, something like that.
Piper and Rommel have the same bed! I got it on sale at Target also. I have already had to replace the cover though, I think I overwashed it...haha.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I just hate how the filling breaks down though. Without fail, after about a month I have to shove another dog bed inside to fill it out again. Any beds keep their shape that you know of?

Edited to add : I just remembered that my parents bought matress pads and cut them to shape and shoved them in the bed, they kept their shape much much longer. I think, come to think of it, that their are dog beds made out of that material also.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Lexus, This bed is holding up well. Most of it is a thick foam with a matching pad to lay on. I'll have to get a current picture of the bed to show you. We added another pad under the current pad for alittle more softness but it hasn't broken down. Plus this one is the large one which will accomadate a few dogs of our sizes. Remember this one.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Lexus, a good friend of mine (who also has a dobie) just went to wal-mart and got a baby matress for cheap then just got sheets for it so she could wash them and change them out. I may just do that!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts