Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Other (specified below)

Votes: 4 16.7%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick up my black female dobe around June 9th. Still up in the air on a name. What do you all like, if you have any other options feel free to post as I am still open to ideas. I want a unique name that isn't a typical person name.

Right now the options are:
Snickers
Aspen
Nala

Snickers is one of the puppies name now. The puppy name theme for when they were born is candy. Snickers is my personal favorite candy, and its chocolate (black) and caramel (brown) so I kind of like the reference of colors compared toward the dog

Aspen is unique in my opinion and I enjoy snowboarding. Aspen is a great mountain in Colorado, so I hear.

Nala was a name someone threw out that I kind of liked. Name is from the Disney movie, Lion King.

What does DT like?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I love Aspen.

I agree to pick out 2 or 3, then wait to choose which one until the puppy has been with you for a few days.

Congrats on the new addition!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I really like Aspen but I'd wait until you get her and see what fits. Sometimes a name that you would never expect will come to you after getting to know the dog.

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
I like snickers, never heard that for a dog before :)

I agree to pick out names and get to know pup for a few dyas before deciding on anything

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Aspen from the one's you said....if/when we add a black female to our family we plan on naming her "Salem"....something different that seems to fit a black dobe and it's not super common.

ETA: Hubby and I are both history nerds so yes this is in reference to Salem, Mass and the witch trials...it has always fascinated me for some reason

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
Snickers seems more like a boy's name to me.

Everlasting heart stopper? (Like gobstopper, though I don't know if this hits too close to home with the DCM issues....)

Pop rocks, call name Pop.

Atomic Fireball.

·
U got some splain' to do
244 Posts
I like the name Chardonnay (Char), or Zenfidel (Zen), or Merlot. Kinda going with a wine theme but that's me. Anywhooo, how about Reese? Chocolate and peanutbutter, black and tan.

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Aspen reminds me of a husky, or snow (white-ness) lol and Nala, all I can think of is lion king. Snickers= yum :)

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Snickers.
Or Godiva, Mars, Nestle, Skor, Toffee, Twix, Chick (like Chick o Stick).

Great. Now I'm hungry. Anybody remember Sixlets? Loved Sixlets.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,447 Posts
Atomic Fireball! Should have thought of that one for Capri! And Airhead too!

Symphony (Hersey's), Peppermint Patty (York), 5th Avenue, Heath, Taffy, Sugar Baby, Caramello(a) and of course

(not supposed to be very good)

I don't guess you'd be interested in Black Cow? And we can save Beer Nuts and Big Hunk for the guys :)

I had a childhood friend with a dachshund named "Snicker" after the cookie Snicker-Doodle. My memories of him weren't very good--he was incredibly old and had had his back vertebra fused or something as an early treatment for back trouble, so he was quite rickety. But you wouldn't have those memories to bother you, so Snickers could be a pretty good name (lots of nuts, good association for a Dobe puppy!)

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
Snickers is a super cute name!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts