Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know I feed Bandit raw. I am just wondering if anyone has had experience feeding it to young puppies ?? Say from 8 weeks on. The book that I have says to feed double the amount of food for there weight until they are 7 months. Just wondering if anyone has opinions on this.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I have heard mixed emotions about feeding raw to pups that young, while I researched feeding to adults, I haven't done enough research on feeding to pups to have a worthwhile educational opinion. I know that many breeders do feed raw and personally from what I've understood from the breeders and people that do feed raw at an early age, it is beneficial for their development by helping them to mature and grow slowly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have started feeding stephie raw from the age of 8 weeks . she is fine and healthy . and she has shiny coat . i feed variety of raw feed like beef , chicken and fish .

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a friend that started her dogs on raw. She recently got another Dane puppy and has fed her raw from the start. No problems and the dogs look great.
Jen

·
Registered
85 Posts
My friend has an 8 week old lab pup and she has him on raw too, she said all is going great and he's growing slower than his littermates!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ummm, I am not yet 100% convinced. The thing is if it does not work you dont get another chance to fix it. The book I have used to feed raw to Bandit has raised 5 generations of puppies on it. I will have to do some more research. Thanks for your opinions :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts