Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm pretty new to this site and although I do not yet have a puppy, he will be born soon and I should be receiving him in May. He's going to be a pure bred from European lines but I do not want to show him, he will strictly be a family pet. However, I do want to feed him properly to keep him healthy and beautiful. I'm thinking about getting into Orijin or Acana brand, starting of course with the Puppy mix and following the feeding directions for a large breed dog. If anyone has any other suggestions or anything I should be hesitant about, I am open to suggestions!

Thanks!

Azuryte

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
If you are buying the puppy from an experienced and reputable breeder, this is something you should be discussing with them instead of seeking advice from strangers on an internet forum of which you have no idea of their experience level. If you are not buying from a reputable breeder, you should cancel the purchase and go seek one.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Hello all,

I'm pretty new to this site and although I do not yet have a puppy, he will be born soon and I should be receiving him in May. He's going to be a pure bred from European lines but I do not want to show him, he will strictly be a family pet. However, I do want to feed him properly to keep him healthy and beautiful. I'm thinking about getting into Orijin or Acana brand, starting of course with the Puppy mix and following the feeding directions for a large breed dog. If anyone has any other suggestions or anything I should be hesitant about, I am open to suggestions!

Thanks!

Azuryte
Those are 2 very good foods. What ever the breeder is feeding the pup now. It's important to slowly change foods over a 7-10 peroid.
If you look at some of LindaH posts she a lot of sites to look at about food.
You will find even some of the higher end foods they will not agree with your dog. Talking about what comes out the other end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are buying the puppy from an experienced and reputable breeder, this is something you should be discussing with them instead of seeking advice from strangers on an internet forum of which you have no idea of their experience level. If you are not buying from a reputable breeder, you should cancel the purchase and go seek one.
The breeder I'm getting my pup from will have him on home-made food (he was just born today!), and they said either Acana or Orijin are good choices to wean him on. Excuse for just trying to get a little familiar with some of the other Doberman owners on this site. Trust me, I've done my research and although I have owned dogs in the past this is my first purebred so I'd like to do right by him. Thanks to the rest of you who responded with kind words!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts