Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we got Rocco, he's eatten 2 meals a day at the same time and always gobbled it down.
Lately, he doesnt eat those 2 meals anymore. He eats them whenever he feels like it. We put the food in his bowl and he'll go back and forth to it all day.
Is it normal for a dogs feeding schedule to change like that?
Have any of your dogs gone from scheduled meals to grazing??
We took him to the vet a few weeks ago because he was throwing up but they never found anything, gave us ranitidine and he hasnt been sick since then. No other symptoms are showing of sickness either. He's still playful all the time with loads of energy.
Just his eating habits have changed.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I put my food down in the morning (5:30am-6:00am)mixed with olive oil if it isn't ate by 9:00am its taken up and put in the fridg and given at 4:30pm.

Thats when I also give a pepto tablet for the stomach...

I hope he's eating better. Does he like his food?

He's still a puppy and they eat when they want to...............

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,325 Posts
Hope he is feeling better. You need to do the Tough Love thing! Do not let him train you into having food out the whole day. Put his found down. If he hasn't finished it all in 15-20 minutes, take it up and don't give him anything until his next feeding time. He will not starve himself. He will soon get the idea in his head that if he doesn't eat all his food, he will be hungry for a while. I didn't do this with our last Dobe, Dax, and I had a picky eater for 11 1/2 years. No fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts