Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FDA Continues to Caution Dog Owners About Chicken Jerky Products

Hi all, Just want to bring this up.... If you buy Chicken Breast Fillets that are made in China, you'll want to know this. It's been going on since 2007, but I didn't know it. I paid a big price.... $2000 in vet bills and tests...and Jersey paid a bigger one.... there is no solid evidence that this is what caused our issue, but neither of two vets ever found an explanation and I had Jersey tested and re-tested, and had her stool tested for the most exotic things my vet could think of. Never anything even close until today.

I'm soooo MAD that I didn't know about this, and so SAD to see this stuff still on the shelves.
:mad:

I just found this link today....

For the whole sad story see my thread "Sudden Bloody Vomit...."

·
Dedicated DoberFan
2,786 Posts
Thakoon got a little bit sick (diarrhea) after eating "Waggin' Train" Chicken Jerky Tenders from Costco when he was less than a year old. I did not realize the treats may have been the problem until a friend told me his Dobergirl and also his room-mate's Lab both had very bad diarrhea after eating them. I did a little reading and threw all of what I had left in the garbage; my friend did the same.

Now, I will not feed any packaged treats from China, especially chicken or other fowl (like duck) treats that have been irradiated prior to being imported. I avoid anything with this symbol, indicating an irradiated food product:

But finding the symbol on the package can be tricky. It's usually on the bottom and may be as small as this not so happy face :mad: I accidently bought a package of treats with the symbol (which is green) because the package was also green, so it blended in really well and I didn't notice until I got home. I had totally missed it, tucked into a fold on the bottom of the shiny green package! Look carefully!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts