Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but figured more people who use dollies would see it here.

i need one to to bring crate , chair, coolers, etc into some of the indoor arenas that I do agility in. did some online checking and found Mid-West and General Cage. I like the rigid handle of the GC but it seems to be unavailable on every site .

Wonder if I could create some kind of rigid handle for manuverability on the MW?

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
I dont mind the rope handle. Just make sure that you get one large-ish wheels, or you may have trouble getting the dolly over the extension cords and what not in the show area.

Reactions: Cathy43 and brw1982

·
_______
5,102 Posts
Someone at a show told me not to get the lighter gauge dolly because it will warp quickly..IIRC ours is a midwest($70 something-cost more than the midwest show crate), the bars & wheels are heavy duty,the wheels have to be bolted on. Included is a metal handle and a nylon rope.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I've always used the ones they sell at Walmart or a office store that break down flat and then pop back up. Believe they are called a luggage dolly. Work wonderful and take up less space. I hate the big ones they sell at shows they take up valuable space in the van and show site!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've always used the ones they sell at Walmart or a office store that break down flat and then pop back up. Believe they are called a luggage dolly. Work wonderful and take up less space. I hate the big ones they sell at shows they take up valuable space in the van and show site!
Hmmm, that may be all I need. I can look at those tommorrow, maybe. thanks.:)

·
Got mutt?
13,843 Posts
I have a $20 luggage cart from WalMart. I only have Ilka, so I don't need to haul a huge amount of stuff. Even the trial I took both Lucky and Ilka too, it was adequate for the amount of stuff I carried. Get some extra bungie cords, though. The luggage cart only has one, and you need more than that to make sure everything is secure.

Reactions: Cathy43
1 - 7 of 7 Posts