Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
excelsior
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We adopted this girl a few days ago after her family begged me to take her because she didn't "fit" in their family. In their words, she annoyed them.

Well, let me tell you something, even though it has only been a few days, I have yet to find anything remotely annoying about her at all. And, to add to that, her and my doberboy, Austen, get along famously.

I say it's a win-win situation. Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself.

Meet Lola!

Lola and Austen:

Video of Lola and Austen playing at the dogpark:
Fascinating New Lola - YouTube
http://youtu.be/J7dm0cuNjf0

·
excelsior
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She is pretty! They play great together it looks like. What happened to your foster dog and didn't you get a Border Collie for agility?
My foster finally got adopted by the perfect family -- no other dogs, just cats. She'll get all the attention and affection she deserves.

Stella, my border collie, is apart of the clan as well!

·
excelsior
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ignore and report, y'all.

Regarding Lola.. :) She is super-cute. Did her breeder not want her back? She looks like she could be well-bred.
It's actually a complicated situation -- she originally came from the rescue I volunteer with with an unknown background, as far as I know. She was adopted a year ago by the family that gave her to me. It just didn't work out for them with her, I guess.

Well, the family that gave her to me are clients who use my work (I work at a pet boarding facility) for boarding. They originally boarded their two dobes (Lola and a male) at my work back in July. I found out they were both originally from my rescue, so I got to know the 2 dogs and their family fairly well. I fell in love with Lola back then.

After their most recent boarding around Thanksgiving, I commented to the family how much I just loved Lola, and she immediately wanted to give her to me. So, after some back-and-forth conversation, that's the round about way I ended up with Lola.

Sorry, I know that's not what you asked, I just started typing and the story came out, lol. But, no, we don't really know anything about her background, but she does look well-bred.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts