Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The BOberman
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it common for dogs to fart in the middle of changing their food? I am in the process of changing to Fromm from ProPlan and Lia is dropping serious bombs.

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Yes, they may stink up the place if your changing diet. How fast are you doing it? Maybe she needs a little help with the change, with some pre/pro biotics.

·
The BOberman
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am doing it slowly, 1/4 of a cup of the new stuff for a few days, then 1/2 cup. I am adding a little pumpkin to it at night. I just hope that the Fromm agrees with her when the transition is complete. I have read many good things about it.

·
We Serve the Doberman
900 Posts
I think the question is when do they not drop bombs?

Things are a tad better since I switched to no-grain/soy kibble.

These guys are lethal in that department, tho!

·
The BOberman
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She drops the bombs after she eats. Not too many, maybe 2 a night after each feeding. But they are LETHAL.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,581 Posts
Lol before I switched Coco to raw she was on Fromm's, the bright pink bag...can't remember what flavour it was. Coco farted up a storm on Fromm's and they were room clearers lol. I think it was too rich for her. Coco's gas has definitely subsided since being on raw for over a year but she still does fart sometimes!! :butfly:

·
The BOberman
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Were Coco's poops hard or soft? Lia's poops are okay, she is just gasy.

Lol before I switched Coco to raw she was on Fromm's, the bright pink bag...can't remember what flavour it was. Coco farted up a storm on Fromm's and they were room clearers lol. I think it was too rich for her. Coco's gas has definitely subsided since being on raw for over a year but she still does fart sometimes!! :butfly:

·
sandy2233
2,462 Posts
I love Fromm dog food. It was just to rich for Emily. It is a very High quality food and puts a beautiful coat on any dog.

·
The BOberman
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there a good food for dogs with sensitive stomachs that's on the higher end. She was doing fine on Pro Plan Sensitive S&S, but I want to upgrade the food.

·
Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,923 Posts
It can take a dog a little while to settle into a new food, even if you go slow. I'd personally give it a little time and see if it improves over the next couple weeks or so.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,581 Posts
Were Coco's poops hard or soft? Lia's poops are okay, she is just gasy.
I seem to remember she was a little soft while on Fromm's. Not runny but not hard formed. She was on Fromm's for about 4-6 months I believe. It is hard for me to remember because it was about 18 months ago. She loved the food and she had a good coat on it but she was really gassy. I switched her to raw then and she has done well on this. Good luck!! :butfly:

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
Is there a good food for dogs with sensitive stomachs that's on the higher end. She was doing fine on Pro Plan Sensitive S&S, but I want to upgrade the food.
Why?

If the dog does well on that food, then leave well enough alone. Many dogs have terrific digestive systems and manage to extract more goodness from their food than other dogs.

Feel blessed. I feed raw and don't get those lethal bombs unless someone is sick. Raw or homecooked eliminates gas pretty much but if ProPlan works, stay on it.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
as Shrek said...............better out than in. :)

i wonder too why you would switch foods when your girl was doing great on the pro plan.

Hugz to your stinky girl. :)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
When I switched Whiskey from Blue to ToTW.... holy moley. He would be lying there asleep then you'd hear the little pffffffffffffffffffffffffff... he would jump straight up and run out of the room. Ten seconds later, the foulest odor I'd ever smelled.

At least he didn't subject himself to that! Ha!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts