Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about everyone else, but I absolutely love it when Yogi sits and licks my face and lips for 20 minutes non-stop. If I do this outside where others can see, they always make gross remarks....but in a funny way. In fact, sometimes when he's licking my face, I'll bite his nose lightly with my teeth. This makes him go banannas and he licks like a Dobie on crack :) :)

So, I was wondering how many people here enjoy being lip licked by their Dobies for long periods of time and don't find it disgusting at all.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Sorry Yogi I can't agree with you..haha! I am not a fan of ******* kissing me on the lips, we all know where their tongue has been...yuck! And actually I don't let her do it because they do have some bacteria living in their mouths.
I do let her lick my cheeks or arms, she loves to lick me when I come out of the shower to.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Raven is my only true kisser.. but only on the cheeks! Now my cat TT will lick your arms till the cows come home...

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I only let my dogs lick me briefly under my chin... I don't know, just don't care for too much dog licking.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
I get kisses daily from all my girls but not 20 mins worth.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okie-dobie said:
Sorry Yogi I can't agree with you..haha! I am not a fan of ******* kissing me on the lips, we all know where their tongue has been...yuck! And actually I don't let her do it because they do have some bacteria living in their mouths.
I do let her lick my cheeks or arms, she loves to lick me when I come out of the shower to.
ha ha ha ha ha :) Yeah, and he has no idea where MY tongue has been :) LOL!!!!!

I know where his has been and can pretty accurately guess that my mouth has got much more bacteria than his :)

Awe, but he's so cute to :)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I'm glad my dogs aren't lickers... I can't stand licking. It's one of my pet peeves. Now, Ronin will give an occasional kiss if he's asked for one ("Ronie, gimme kisses!") but he won't go crazy... it's usually just a nose poke and maybe a tiny lick - that's all I really go for. Ilsa is a perfect lady, and never licks!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess is a subtle kisser lol. either she will pop her head up for a single kiss and then prance around (which is when the headbutts happen) or she will slowly stick out her tongue...kiss...and then slowly put her tongue back in her mouth haha.

lol my dad has a buzzed hair cut...so talk about gross lol she will lick his scalp and hair just like she licks coco's ears lol.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Diesel is always licking! I don't mind him licking my face but not my mouth, he spends too much time licking his butt for me to allow that!!
Abbie doesn't lick a lot, she saves herself for bellybuttons and sweaty feet. Its gross, she'll lick between Gerry's toes for ages at a time and does a weird chomping thing with her teeth!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Pollo NEVER kisses. DH tried putting steak juice on his face and it barely worked.

Molly on the other hand can't hold her licker at all. ever. withany one. and once she is done licking, she throws herself on her back and spreads her legs for a belly rub. this has earned her the nickname, Molly the ****, in our house. lol

cc

·
Registered
953 Posts
I've always hated doggy kisses. My brother on the other hand use to let our dogs kiss him for like 20 mins all over the face lol. I never understood HOW he could do that.

But now that I have Bruno. He's allowed to give ONE kiss (lick) on my cheek. I just tell him to give kisses and he knows only one lick lol. I couldn't handle any more than that.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
lol yeah duchess will kiss the strangers she meets...after I tell them she is friendly...she goes and tastes them! lol
they always pet her...and eventually she sits for them and then sooner or later the people are squating in front of her and she is nose to nose with them and she slips some tongue lol.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Harmony can't keep her tongue in her mouth. She is always licking. I don't like dogs licking my face though. So she stays mostly to my hands, arms, neck, ears, everyother place. I saw on TV before where a lady let her dog lick her in her mouth with kisses. It was really disgusting personally. I see where there tongue goes, and I don't want to be a part of it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yuk, that foot thing is...............well...........no words can describe :) ha ha

Duchess kissing description sounds as if you've drawn or memorized it :)

I think I encourage Yogi's facial licking because I'm trying to lean him into a "licker, not a biter" type dog. And right now, it seems to be working. When he meets new people and they ask "does he bite?", and I say "no, but he'll lick you to death", Yogi actually does go straight for their face and his tongue starts flicking all over the place :) Cute as heck. But then, people quickly realize that he wouldn't hurt a fly. I'm really hoping he stays this way and I think that's why I encourage the licking.

Oh, yeah. I think I just sickingly like the massive licking also :) :) ha ha ha

·
Premium Member
10,603 Posts
You have to like to be licked--I don't...so most of my dogs in all the years I've had Dobes haven't been lickers--they learn other behaviors as puppies. Come to think of it even the non-Dobes haven't been lickers.

I have one--the youngest, just a year now, who would love to be allowed to lick to his hearts content--usually hands and arms (rarely the face--the face lickers tend to get the glasses in their exuberance) but he has to be content with just a couple of licks before I request that he quit.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts