Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any body answer me why my boy has started doing this, been in scotland recently and on the deer droppings was rubbing the side of his face in it (as well as eating it) now home seems to be carrying it on with rabbit droppings !! he is 11 months old his sister doesn't do this. Baffled:rolleyesww:

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
LOL - dobes / only a face, a mother could love !!

- sorry, I can't offer more help...stinky face

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
My dobes have always loved to eat horse poop. The greener the better. I think they roll in it to disguise their smell. Strange because I can smell them a block away when they do that.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
I live in an area that has many horse stables and the riders frequent the trails we walk. I don't let Sam eat horse poop (even though he loves it) because of the wormers/meds horses may take. I've read Ivermectin is toxic to dogs and can cause serious health issues, even death.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
One of my dogs love it and one hates it! I think it's just something they do, I don't think anyone is 100% sure there are just theories. You could just teach 'Leave it' or try one of those compressed air cans to spook him off it.

My OH is convinced its because they get attention from rolling in it :D

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
My first Dobe Eddie used to love smearing fox poo all over his face much to the disgust of hubby & I. You could smell it for days even after a thorough clean. He used to like eating it too along with rabbit droppings & raiding the cats litter tray.

Amber's favourite delicacy was rabbit droppings, she'd find a huge pile & literally hoover it up until she made herself sick.

Homer, my current dobe has no interest at all, he just wants to eat whatever left the poo

Dobes really are the most disgusting creatures at times, but it's all part of their charm :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts