Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi !
So here is pics of Eyja after her first posting. And her actually posts. Tell me if you think it's ok. Cause her ears looks very big.
But I wanted a very long crop, so...
Like I was saying in my presentation, in Europe, where it's allowed ( Spain and east ), the crop is very different than yours.
I'm very stressful about her ears. The breeder is serious, and all his dogs have been cropped by the same veterinary.
And the final result on his reproducer is fine, but I'm stressfull -____-

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Are you saying its a different style in Europe because you have talked to dozens if breeders and did a lot of research. Or because your particular breeder said that to you. What in particular is stressing you out? I am going to be honest since you asked for an opinion, I think the vet that cropped her ears didn't know how to artistically crop.

Reactions: LVdobe

·
Super Moderator
15,546 Posts
The ears are too wide at the top (no taper) so I would definitely worry about them being able to stand long term; although it does look like they are standing okay now. In my opinion that is not an attractive crop at all. They look like bunny ears.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've search my dobbie for about 1 year in France ( there is breeders who crop but with a "medical paper"/"medical certificate" ( sorry I don't know the correct term ), but they only do short crop, and the dob in France have so much change... Looks like Rottweiller now... ( I am ok with Rott ! But a dob is not supposed to look like a Rott, with big paws, big corpse, big lips ect.. ) After, I ask a breeder in Serbia ( who leave the Swiss cause he is against the law about ear cropping. ), and the crop is very large too, but not enough long for me.
And then I found the breeder of Eyja in Spain, and his dogs are so beautiful, and all seems me ok, I just tell him I want the long crop.
But when I see what you "oftenly" do in USA :Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant à http://www.millstonepetdoc.com/sites/site-2528/albums/79e2fae9-7f00-0001-493d-6da8455f6ec3.jpg I've never seen crop like this before. And I really like it !
What is stressing me, is that I read some posts here were people says that they find the ears of their dogs bad cropped or too big. While Eyja ears are more bigger... With tragus and large bell. I'm wondering how they will look later.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you saying its a different style in Europe because you have talked to dozens if breeders and did a lot of research. Or because your particular breeder said that to you. What in particular is stressing you out? I am going to be honest since you asked for an opinion, I think the vet that cropped her ears didn't know how to artistically crop.
Ooh... Ok... But other dogs in the kennel were well cropped... I'm in stress, how they will look like??... :(

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
It's not a very attractive crop. The length is probably okay as she will grow into them and when she's an adult, they won't look that long, but there is no "style" at all to the crop with them being too wide. I've attached a picture of my girl and her crop and you'll see how they taper up. In the states your girl could be re-cropped to taper it more and give them an elegant look. I'm not sure what your choices are in Europe. You definitely would want a vet who is more experienced with recropping.

Jan

Reactions: dobegal and Eyja

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
The ears are not really going change as she gets older, she will just grow into them more. Where you live I will assume that it will be really hard to find a vet that can artistically crop. Being that its illegal, because people that get a puppy with a bad crop will get a recrop to shape the ears better.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
They might look better after A) she's grown into them and B) you've posted some. Right now they're sticking out to the sides, I think from the cup. After posting they shouldn't stick out so much and they'll probably look better.

But no, it's not the best crop I've ever seen (though definitely not the worst either).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to everyone for your advices. It's not illegal if I have certificate proving that is for medical intentions ;) But I'm not sure it is the best thing to do for her ( cartilage is forming ). Does she'll have more pain than the first crop ?
I've send an e-mail to the breeder with the photo of her ears, asking for informations.
I really don't think I will re-crop. I will love her with her big ears ! Never mind as long as they stand up and they're not floppy.
Do they will look a little like this ? :Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant à http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/lhartlep/dIMG_7439.jpg

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Thanks to everyone for your advices. It's not illegal if I have certificate proving that is for medical intentions ;) But I'm not sure it is the best thing to do for her ( cartilage is forming ). Does she'll have more pain than the first crop ?
I've send an e-mail to the breeder with the photo of her ears, asking for informations.
I really don't think I will re-crop. I will love her with her big ears ! Never mind as long as they stand up and they're not floppy.
Do they will look a little like this ? :Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant à http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/lhartlep/dIMG_7439.jpg
They may look a bit like those, but I think that other dog does have a bit more taper/shape towards the tips. Her head will definitely grow into them and they probably will not look quite a big as they do now. I'm sure they're going to stand from the way they are standing now...just continue to post them.

Jan

Reactions: Eyja

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They may look a bit like those, but I think that other dog does have a bit more taper/shape towards the tips. Her head will definitely grow into them and they probably will not look quite a big as they do now. I'm sure they're going to stand from the way they are standing now...just continue to post them.

Jan
Ok thank you very much. I'll continue to give news about their "evolution" ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
OK, then the breeder doesn't respond to me anymore since I've send the picture. Curious :)
Hope all is going to be ok...

·
Semper Fidelis
857 Posts
Eyja, sa tête va grandir beaucoup plus que ses oreilles, donc quand le chien sera plus vieux, ça sera un peu plus mesuré comme coupe. Parcontre, ses oreilles ne ressembleront jamais au lien auquel tu as fait référence, la coupe et la forme de l'oreille sont complètement différents. Ca aura toujours l'air un peu "oreille de lapin" du au fait que les oreilles ont été taillées à cette forme.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Eyja, sa tête va grandir beaucoup plus que ses oreilles, donc quand le chien sera plus vieux, ça sera un peu plus mesuré comme coupe. Parcontre, ses oreilles ne ressembleront jamais au lien auquel tu as fait référence, la coupe et la forme de l'oreille sont complètement différents. Ca aura toujours l'air un peu "oreille de lapin" du au fait que les oreilles ont été taillées à cette forme.
Comme ça ? :
Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant à http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YGZsB8JQLfQ/S68uBKkRJhI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/UZmvpQJOBrM/s1600/Doberman_Pinscher_down.jpg

·
Semper Fidelis
857 Posts
C'est plus semblable, mais toujours pas... Basé sur la photo que tu as soumise, la coupe de ton chien est beaucoup plus large au haut de l'oreille, et ceci ne changera pas avec l'age... la forme restera la même. Parcontre, la tête du chien va grandir alors les oreilles auront l'air moins grosses proportionellement.

On dirait que le vet a laissé 1-2cm de trop entre la mi-oreille et le haut, la ou la coupe devrait s'amincir... ça n'est simplement pas le type de coupe que nous voyons habituellement.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I think that the pics dglvr linked too are what the ears will probably look most like as an adult.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts