Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,864 Posts
I'm not going to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me.

I also squeeze the eyelids slightly shut to make the goob....um...stick out? a little more.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not going to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me.

I also squeeze the eyelids slightly shut to make the goob....um...stick out? a little more.

Yes, a "friend" told me that you can gently maneuver the outer edges of the inner eye to coax the goob out...that's pretty advanced technique.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,864 Posts
I'm not working with the inner eyelid--just the outer ones--sorta between the dog's iris/pupil and the goober...umm...on the nose side...thumb on the lower lid, forefinger on the top lid...balls of fingers only, no nails...and quickly.........

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I'm not going to take a picture of that to post here...I'm just not.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not working with the inner eyelid--just the outer ones--sorta between the dog's iris/pupil and the goober...umm...on the nose side...thumb on the lower lid, forefinger on the top lid...balls of fingers only, no nails...and quickly.........

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I'm not going to take a picture of that to post here...I'm just not.
Got it! Tried it - it works!

·
Premium Member
7,829 Posts
I’ll be darn it is a quicker goober picker outter !!!!!
We should name Mel’s technique.
Its good to be well known for somethin ......huh Mel......wink wink...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually allergies to things in the environment happen much more often that true food allergies in dogs. Of course, if your dog was clear just a little while ago and only now has symptoms you may get lucky in ID'ing the culprit. But sometimes the dog is allergic to something that is seasonal (like people's hay fever) so it's possible that the change he is reacting to is actually some pollen or mold or whatever (though it is winter, so that might be unlikely.)

If you do decide to run a limited diet trial, you need to find a food that he has no symptoms with and then add protein sources one by one with a month or more between new foods.
I thought ..... hoped it was seasonal. But w/ all the ice we have it got worse!

Sooo I’m going to eliminate the possibility of “seasonal” I do the food trial.

I of course gave him more treats because of him being indoors & bored. We are in Dallas, That’s why I posted on here, because it did in fact get worse.
This morning his eyes were twice as bad as they have been.
sooo yeah - I’m thinking it’s food allergies.
not 100% but my gut tells me it’s the crap I’ve been giving him. 🙄😕

21 - 27 of 27 Posts