Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes you all know ive talked to you about my cat before... i was going to take her to the vet the other day and she got out after bill walked out and i couldnt do anything except watch her run.... she is now sick with an upper respitory infection and i wanna make sure the dogs dont get it and the other cat which i had to make stay outside till she is well...

do any of you have any ideas of making her feel better other than just meds...? home remedies that will also help... plz let me know thanks so much...

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Other than wiping her gooky eyes and nose with a warm cloth just to clean it off and make her more comfortable I'm thinking the only thing that's going to do any good is antibiotics. Personally I think leaving the other cat outside is a big mistake only because chances are he'll come home with the same thing. Your best best is to confine her to a bathroom or bedroom or laundry room or something for her quarantine and get her to the vet asap.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Cats are very prone to upper respitory infections. Best thing to do is as tracy says get her to the vet and get some antibiotics for her, and she'll clear up. Tracy's also right on the money with the situation with the other cat, the other one will eventually get sick and pass it to your inside one again if they make contact again. IF you still keep the other one out, if you don't have them already, I'd strongly recommend that you are up to date on evey vacc in the book for cats especially leukemia, as common as that is. Because your kitties are playing Russian Roulette for a serious sickness otherwise.

Best wishes for the kitty!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Liz, do you have a holistic or homeopathic vet? If not you should really establish a relationship with one for times like this.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
whether you want to pursue holistic, traditional, or complementary medicine, your animal NEEDS to see a vet and NOW. its been 2 weeks since you first mentioned she was sick, and in THAT post i urged you to see a vet. she really needs medical attention.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am taking her at 10am this morning she is so sad...i wonder if she is really stressed over the dogs because i know that can cause sickness... and i tried to get her to the vet but she ran out of the house... sorry.... :((

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay we are home and she is fine... basic URI.... clavamox...and NO MORE OUTSIDE FOR EITHER OF THEM EVER.... well that is good that is what i want... but the dogs chase them no wonder they want out LOL... she looks 150% better this afternoon...and i can tell she is getting better and better more energy eating three times her body weight and mroe :D

but she is much better thanks everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts