Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Extremely Embarrassing Question.....WARNING!! GRAPHIC IMAGES!!

4K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  TxDobieLady 
#1 ·
My wife wanted me to throw this query out to DT's vast knowledge base, but I was resisting due to the "sensitive" nature of the subject matter....

Spock was neutered at just over 13 months of age at a local Vet clinic.
He is now 1yr-6mo old and very healthy. After seeing many belly shot photos of male Dobes in the recent "Least Flattering Photo" thread we noticed something unusual.... I can explain it better with photos......

:eek: W A R N I N G- G R A P H I C-- P H O T O S--T O--F O L L O W ! ! :eek:

Spock's "Working End"- Used for Fetching, Eating, Playing, Tugging, Protecting, Etc.

:eek: :eek: Spock's "Business End" - You know- The Source of DoberFart Toxic gas and Compost Raw Material. :eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: Here's A Closeup- Notice Spock's "Empty Nutsack" (as my wife terms it...) :eek: :eek: :eek:

The question is why are most Neutering jobs I have seen on Dobes a "Flush Cut" whereas Spock still has an "Empty Sack"?
By the way, Spock didn't even know his family jewels were gone, he still the same ADD-HD Dobe as we had before the surgery!!!
:confused2

See less See more
#2 ·
Jonesy still has a bit of an "empty coin purse" sometimes... He got neutered around the same time Spock did, and it continued to shrink up until I want to say about the 2 yr mark! So it will/might still shrink. :)

#7 ·
I think its called an "empty coin purse"...or maybe that's just what ZeldaRules calls it. Hans was neutered at 18mo and has quite the empty coin purse...almost more annoying looking than his actual balls. You probably thought the other dogs didn't have one because they are laying down spread eagle on their backs...it spreads out.

#8 ·
Yeah, the thread title was a guaranteed click and look.

The actual thread content is pretty anti-climactic, no double entendre' intended.

#15 ·
Thanks for the Answers!

My wife and I thank all the informative responses to this question! She has never seen such a "Coin Purse" on the many male neutered dogs she has previously owned.

Spock plays regularly with my daughter's dog, Brandy, who plays dirty. While chasing him, Brandy will play nip at his back legs and his "coin purse"! The more it shrinks, the less vulnerable he'll be to this low down, equalizing technique! (Brandy is a much shorter dog)

Sorry about the Teaser Post Title, I just thought the Doberman Health section needed some levity! There are so many sad stories and diagnoses being posted recently.

These Dobes are such characters, I've never had a dog with so much personality! Right after taking the "Graphic Pics" of Spock's business end, my wife caught a nice silhouette of his new favorite toy (Holy Roller) I finally found a big one, locally on sale, as many of the DT members have in their photos.

Spock's New FAVORITE Toy!

#16 ·
Normaly it depends on when and how large the testicles were when they were removed. Having been in rescue for a long time I have seen big ones, small ones, only one and none.
The large Stains, Mastiffs, Shepherds, Hounds etc aged 1 1/2 and up normaly have a "sack" that doesnt completly shrink up.
When neutered young (my shepherd was neutered at 8weeks at the shelter) he has barly anything there. Sometimes it depends on how far they hang or how heavy they are. If they are heavy, their sack will be longer and will not retract as much.

#25 · (Edited)
Exactly!- Spock says "I showed you Mine- Now show me Yours!" :emo:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.