Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can someone explain what the following titles mean please:

BARON NIKE RENEVAL. TITLES: ICH,CH YU,H IDC-SEIGER KLUB VIFAZ. 14xBOB,BIG,BIS. 10xCAC,4xCACIB,14xBOB, HD-A AND IPO1.

QUIRINA z TOMKY. TITLES: 3xHPJ,3xCAJC,2xCAC,2xKLUBONY VIFAZ MLADYCH,5A/BII.

Not sure what all these titles mean?

Thanks

Dillon

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
European Titles

CHIB (International FCI-Show Champion)

- 2 CACIB-certificates on a international dogshow in two differentcountries given under two different judges
- there has to be at least one year between the dates of these CACIB-certificates
- at least the qualification "good" on a field trial

FRANCE

- the CAC-certificate on the national dogshow in Paris or on the French clubshow
- two CAC-certificates, at least one of them has to be obtained on a international dogshow and at least one on a dogshow known as "special breedshow".
- at least the qualification "Very Good" on a field-trial or in the complete hunting tests a qualification "second category" The 3 CAC-certificates have to be given under 3 different judges within a delay of 2 years.

GERMANY

- 4 CAC-certificates with at least 2 of them given on a international dogshow under at least 3 different judges
- there has to be more than one year between the dates of the first and the fourth CAC-certificate

AUSTRIA

- 4 CAC-certificates under at least 3 different judges; 3 of these CAC-certificates have to be given at the dog engaged in "working" class
- there has to be more than one year between the dates of the first and the fourth CAC-certificate.

BELGIUM

- 2 CAC-certificates given under 2 different judges
- at least a CQN on a field trial (CQN : certificate of natural hunting abilities, is given for a excellent run and point but the dog made a fault (was not steady at wing or shot, without this mistake he should have the "excellent" qualification)
- there has to be more than one year between the dates of the first and the second CAC-certificate.

DENMARK

- 3 CAC-certificates given under 3 different judges
- when the dog is already a showchampion in Norway or Sweden : one CAC-certificate is sufficient

FINLAND

- for the third CAC-certificate the dog has to be at least 2 years old
- a first or a second prize on a field trial

HUNGARY

- 4 CAC-certificates on Hungarian dogshows
- a qualification on a field- and watertrial

The dog winning the "champions class" 3 times on a dogshow becomes the BkHCH-showtitle

ITALY

- 5 CAC-certificates given under at least 4 different judges for the dog entered in "working" class
- at least one CAC-certificate has to be given on a "special breed"-show and at least 2 of them have to be given on international dogshows

LUXEMBURG

- 2 CAC-certificates on the international dogshows in Luxemburg
- if the dog owns already a showtitle one CAC-certificate on a international dogshow in Luxemburg is sufficient

MONACO

- 2 CAC-certificates on the international dogshow of Monaco

NORWEGIA

- 3 CAC-certificates given under 3 different judges and one of the CAC-certificates has to be given on the "national winner"-dogshow
- one qualification on a field trial
- if the dog is already Swedish or Danish showchampion one CAC-certificate in Norvegia is sufficient; although the condition about the 3 different judges is valuable

THE NETHERLANDS

- 4 CAC-certificates The CAC-certificates given on the clubshow or on the "national winner" dogshow have the value of 2 certificates; the Reserve-CAC-certificate on these shows has the value of one CAC-certificate The Reserve-CAC-certificate on other shows has the value of 1/4 (0.25) of a
CAC-certificate
- the last CAC-certificate has to be given after the dog has at least 27 months

POLAND

- one of these CAC-certificates has to be given on the "national winner"-dogshow

PORTUGAL

- 4 CAC-certificates given under 3 different judges at least and at least 1 one them has to be given on the "national winner"-dogshow at Lisboa

SLOVENIA

- at least one of the CAC-certificates has to be given for the dog enterred in "working" class
- there has to be at least one year between the dates of the 2 CAC-certificates

SWEDEN

- for one of these CAC-certificates the dog has to be at least 24 months
- a "first prize" in a "open" field trial

or

- for one ot these CAC-certificates the dogs has to be at least 24 months

- a "first prize" in a "elite" or "champions"field trial in Danmark or Norvegia OR
- two "first prizes" in a "open" field trial in Danmark, Norvegia or Sweden

SWITZERLAND

- 3 CAC-certificates given by at least 2 different judges
- 2 of these CAC-certificates have to be given on a international dogshow
- there has to be at least 12 months between the dates of the first and the third CAC-certificate

THE CZECH REPUBLIC

- at least one certificates has to be given on a international dogshow
- a qualification on a "hunting" test

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses!

There are some that I could not identify and will keep looking. Being new to the Doberman breed, can someone tell me if these dogs have a reasonable working line background with the titles listed.

As a novice, not really sure what I am looking at other than these are the parents of a prospective puppy I am considering: Thanks in advance

ALEX BLACK SAGITTA. 5xCAC,BOB,5CIA,1A,DCC0/0(EXCELLENT HIPS&ELBOWS),ZM,ZVV1,ZVV2,ZPO1,ZPS1,SchH3,IPO3.

ARMIDA DOLCE VITA. SAMPION SR,7xCAC,2xR.CAC,2xR.CACIB,5AX/BI,DCC0/0(EXCELLENT HIPS/ELBOWS)

BARON NIKE RENEVAL. TITLES: ICH,CH YU,H IDC-SEIGER KLUB VIFAZ. 14xBOB,BIG,BIS. 10xCAC,4xCACIB,14xBOB, HD-A AND IPO1.

QUIRINA z TOMKY. TITLES: 3xHPJ,3xCAJC,2xCAC,2xKLUBONY VIFAZ MLADYCH,5A/BII.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
well, as a novice to the breed, what are you actually looking for? what research have you done on health testing? how much are you looking to pay, and what are your expectations with the breed? how much dog experience do you have - have you ever raised a working dog? what sex are you looking for?

the first pair you posted - while baron nike has an IPO1, he is considered among the uber-working people, a show dog. the only dog listed on there that i am familiar with as a true working dog is alex black sagitta.

the puppies listed from nike and quirina --
that first male has a really straight front.

errr me? wouldnt go with either of them, personally.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good questions!

I have raised Kuvasz,Cane Corso and a Mastiff.
The mastiff is the one dog I have now, looking for a female doberman.

Would pay upwards of $1500 for a dog and will not be showing the dog.
Strictly for companionship for my wife, myself and my male mastiff. Would like dog for guarding/protecting the home as well. No Schutzhund, but will be doing advanced obedience as well.

Just beginning my research on what to look for in health testing and would be thankful for any and all suggestions as to what to ask about.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I would just like to add a few more questions :)
How much time are you or your wife home with the dogs? :)
Do you get all your pets Neutered or spayed? :)
Have you ever thought of obedience? ...or you should take classes atleast for the first couple years :)
and just to be sure that your mastiff will enjoy another dog in the house
and that there is enough room on your bed for the dogs to sleep especially lol.
good luck on your search though...It came easy to me...but I know it is real hard to find the right responsible breeder for you. and you don't want to support a breeder that isn't
just don't settle for anything...until you know for sure....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I work from home and have pleanty of time to raise a puppy. My mastiff gets along great with both male and female dogs and we get all our pets neutered and or spayed.
As far as obedience, I have trained all my dogs. My Kuvasz as an example was cgc. Our intention is to take our dobe through this and through advanced obedience.
Just trying to decide on the "working lines" or the show lines for my dobe.

Dillon

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Given what you have communicated you are looking at (and intend to do) with a new addition, I think it would be wise to concentrate on looking for what is repeated on here most often: health testing, temperment testing, people that actually do something with their dogs (they do it and don't BUY/IMPORT them that way) and finding a reputable breeder who will be there for you and your puppy through EVERTHING. Someone will answer all of your questions and help find solutions for the ones that are not easily answered, will assist with things like posting ears, health issues, training issues, etc... This is equally important to health and temperment.

Personally, I don't feel the 'show lines' versus 'working lines' should come into play at all. They are all dobermans, plain and simple, and if bred with due consideration to breed standard, then they are capable of doing it all, show and work! There is no need to discriminate between the 'lines' then.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
One thing to consider - you have a male mastiff. NO RESPONSIBLE breeder or rescue, would ever give you a male doberman. It is a disaster waiting to happen - all the training in the world isn't going to stop that fight, whenever it happens. It may not be soon, it may be years - but they will fight.

I'd personally get an adult female - you can contact some breeders who have some 1-2yo bitches, or consider rescue, then you know exactly what you re getting.

and yes, working or show lines is pretty bunk in most instances. go for a breeder that is ethical and reputable - they should have dogs that are BOTh structurally correct with a good working temperament. they should be thoroughly health tested, have longetivity in their lines, and a solid temperament.

·
Banned
16 Posts
go european if you wount a working dog. if it is show american will do. but 4 a great protection dog it has to be euro verry few american dogs will stand and hold ther grounds most will run in a hard battel i may be abbel to help you if you wount you can email me

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Oh gracious. Give it up already. Weren't you leaving?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
So any pics of the mastiff? How much does your guy weigh? I agree no matter how sweet you mastiff is don't get a male dobe. You'll be lucky if he walks away with all is parts, once your dobie comes into his manhood. Seriously it can be tragic for all parties concerned.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Yeah that's right Tyson, they will run like what was it again? Oh yeah, a "skinny chicken with wings". Fortunetely I think Dillon has a good head on his shoulders, I think he can smell out the obvious trouble here....

Dillon did say he wanted a female dobe when he found his breeder. We'd love to see your mastiff Dillon!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am getting a female.

I understand why you would reiterate this as I made the mistake of having a female Kuvasz in the same house with my female Cane Corso at one time. A mess!! I will never will repeat the gender mismatch again!

Mary and Dobes, thank you for the reminder of the link you sent me regarding health questions. I did foret about that! Your sarcasm reminds me of my own! They were all listed in the buying guide I provided. Glad you spent a lot of time on it ...LOL Glad to see I am amongst straight forward people!

My Pyrenean Pymastiff(Rare Breed) is 155 pounds, 3 years old. He is ultra friendly with male and female dogs, great guard dog, loves people and loves central airconditioning. Pictures to follow.

I learned more on this site in the past few days than I can tell you all.
Thanks!
Dillon

I have learned more on this sight in a few days than I can tell you.
Thanks all.

Dillon

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
but 4 a great protection dog it has to be euro verry few american dogs will stand and hold ther grounds most will run in a hard battel i may be abbel to help you if you wount you can email me
And just how many Am bred Dobermans have you seen run? How many Euro bred dogs have you been around.
It's real easy to come on a board and say these things, but how much experience do you actually have?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts