Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you have already seen my post on facebook, but for those who have not...... over 4 years ago, I bought Mabel to eventually breed to the frozen I had on then 10 year old Harvard. It's a lovely pedigree mix. She finished her championship in December of 2019, and I thought Ok, finish her Grand, get all her health testing done, and breed her later in 2020. HAHAHAHAHA!! Well Covid happened and then a big move happened, she finished her Grand Championship in June of 2022. Harvard died at age 14 in March of 2022. Mabel is now 4 1/2, and I had to ship Harvard's semen from PA to Florida where we now live. Long story short, Mabel was confirmed in whelp by ultrasound last Friday. I am so excited to be able to have a litter from Mabel sired by my heart dog, Harvard.
GCH Fitzmar's Command A Minute CGC BFL-1 LC-14D "Harvard" x GCH Jalyn One Moment Please CGC "Mabel"

FYI - Not looking to sell puppies, I have a waiting list & I'm keeping a male, Mabel's breeder is taking pick girl.
Dog Dog breed Dobermann Carnivore Fawn
Organism Sleeve Fawn Dog Adaptation

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
YAY!!!! Now how excited are you? When is she due? Reds and blacks and either clear or carrier puppies--that worked out well. Yeah--I had to go and poke around in the puppy pedigree (thanks for putting that up)--I can look at them individually but it's always nice to see it all together.

Boy it was a long wait for you--I've got my fingers crossed for a stunning male to take his place in your life and heart.

Big Congratulations...

dobebug

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I’m just curious as to how many puppies she will produce from, is it frozen semen? I’ve known cases in the past so I’m just here to learn?
Yes, this is a frozen semen breeding. The sire died at age 14 this past March. I neutered him when he was 7. A lot of the time, frozen breedings produce a small litter. It is always a risky, and getting the timing just right is key. I did a ton of progesterone tests - LOL! What is seen in an ultrasound is never written in stone, so I'd rather not say how many the vet saw - but it was more than I expected or hoped for. Here is hoping that none get reabsorbed.

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
YAY!!!! Now how excited are you? When is she due? Reds and blacks and either clear or carrier puppies--that worked out well. Yeah--I had to go and poke around in the puppy pedigree (thanks for putting that up)--I can look at them individually but it's always nice to see it all together.

Boy it was a long wait for you--I've got my fingers crossed for a stunning male to take his place in your life and heart.

Big Congratulations...

dobebug
I am beyond excited, but also nervous because I know how much work it is and I'm just hoping that I'm up for the challenge. I was a decade younger the last time! Her due date is around October 19th. My house in Pennsylvania was really set up for puppies, and this house really is not. I will manage, but it will probably drive my husband right up a wall to have them in his office - LOL!

·
joie de vivre
11,396 Posts
Congratulations!!! What an exciting litter. I always loved Harvard and I'm so happy he's being used again. He has so much good to contribute to the breed.

I hope you'll keep the forum updated about this litter!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts