Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a male Dobie who is a year old. We crate him at night and always have. Just recently within the last month or two his crating has became an issue. He will whine and bark for hours on end. He does not have to go outside, we put them out right before bed. He will also scratch at the cage as well. He is not afraid of the crate will go in it on command and sleeps in it during the day. We have to crate him because if we don't, he chews. We have also put him in the laundry room, but that did not work either, he still persisted the whining and barking. We are at our last thread with this problem....not sleeping is getting to us! Any suggestions????

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
He may need more exercise or there could possibly be a female in heat nearby (don't know if this would make the whining last so long though). For a while Dreizehn had taken up whining too. About a week later the neighbor's dog went into heat and as soon as that passed, his whining stopped too. You could also consider taking him to the vet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have a female Dobie at home...but shes not in heat. She is loose in the house, as she does not get into trouble. I sometimes feel he is maybe jealous? But i just can't let him out because of his chewing. Ah! It can be so frustrating

1 - 4 of 4 Posts